IMG 4184JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 4184JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Sara Zaghi

9 Ways to Celebrate National Rosé Day on June 8th (& All Summer Long)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

One of our favorite holidays, National Rosé Day, is coming up on Saturday June 8th. This holiday, which is traditionally held on the second Saturday of June, usually marks the start of summer and gives us a great excuse to drink rosé. Check out our favorite ways to celebrate this festive holiday and enjoy rosé (and rosé flavored goodies) all summer long. 

Learn About the History of National Rosé Day

National Rosé Day was founded in October 2014 by the founder and CEO of Bodvár House of Rosés, Bodvár Hafström, who we actually just interviewed.

Hafström, “wanted to create a special day for rosé and all rosé lovers. [He believes] Rosé is so much more than just a wine – it’s a lifestyle and [he] wanted to create a day where you could celebrate that life – the life of Bodvár Rosés. All of life’s moments are wonderful with rosé!” 

Play Rosé Pong

We are loving this fancy pink twist on the classic “Beer Pong” game we got from Summer Water Rosé. All you need are some cute stemless wine glasses, pink ping pong balls, and a bottle (or more!) of your favorite rosé.

Try Sugarfina’s “Rosé All Day” Themed Sweets

We are obsessing over the perfect pink packaging and delicious rosé infused taste in Sugarfina’s “rosé all day” candy collection. Our favorites are the “Rosé All Day” gummy bears, “Sparkling Rosé” bears, “But First, Rosé” rose bears, and the “rosé all day” Rosé Chocolate Bar. The pink chocolate bar is delicious and gorgegous, filled with rosé flavored gummies and pink chocolate from paris.

These are available online or at the Sugarfina store in Century City mall.

Try Fruta POP’s Coconut Rosé Pop-Tails

Fruta POP creates hand-crafted liquor infused popsicles with natural fruits and juices. These healthy pop-tails come in a variety of flavors such as Piña Colada, Moscow Mule, Guava Cosmo, Watermelon Lemonade, and most importantly Coconut Rosé. We just tried their Coconut Rosé flavor and I think it’s makes for a great frosé subsitute. These icy treats remind us of adult versions of otter pops, making them easy to cut and share or enjoy without making a mess. 

Fruta POP is available online in packs of 12.

Attend Rosé Day L.A.

Taking place at SaddleRock Ranch in Malibu on June 8th from 12-8pm, you can celebrate the national holiday with many photo opportunites, delicious food and plenty of yummy Rosé to go around! We attended last year and had a blast!

Click here for more information and to purchase tickets, and be sure to use code: ROSEDAYLA19 to recieve a $25 credit towards your Uber or Lyft ride to the event so you don’t need to worry about finding a DD.

Get Drinks at The Beverly Wilshire’s Secret Rosé Garden

There’s a super secret Rosé Garden on the Rodeo Terrace of the Four Season’s Beverly Wilshire Hotel overlooking Rodeo drive. This beautiful, hidden, osais opened last summer as a pop-up and is back again this June due to popular demand. I was lucky enough to hear about it last year and stop by to enjoy the beautiful views, flowery decor and delicious rosé. I would recommend making reservations online or by calling the hotel before you visit.

Visit the Rosé Mansion in New York City

The two-story summer pop-up mansion located in Midtown Manhattan is a Rosé lover’s dream with interactive photo opportunities and an endless supply of Rosé samples. We had a blast creating our own Rosé and learning about the history of this famous pink drink. 

Make Your OWN DIY Popsicles

Check out my special Pink Party Rose Popsicle recipe here. I love to make these for my Bachelor Viewing Parties and it’s always a hit- just be sure to enjoy them quickly, or they might melt all over your home. All you’re need to make these are a bottle of your favorite pink rosé, honey, fresh fruits (I recommend strawberries and blueberries) and a Popsicle mold

Throw a Fancy Rosé Party With Your Girl Gang

No better way to celebrate National Rosé Day than by inviting your girl gang to your place to enjoy some bubbly pink rosé and even some yummy sweets, like the sparkling rosé bears from Sugarfina or Coconut Rosé Fruta Pops. Make sure to pick up some cute champange flutes and pink decor to add to the asthetic. 

Most importantly, make sure to drink some Rosé and have fun! Wishing you a bubbly National Rosé Day!

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com