Style > Beauty

8 Of The Best Beauty Products To Try According To TikTok

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

TikTok is a new media app that has been sweeping the world over the last year. It is meant to be consumed in quick bite sized clips, and it is home to a variety of content ranging from comedy, dance and more! The media platform also has a substantial beauty community that reviews products and refers other users to amazing brands that they have tried. Through massive TikTok trends and features like “dueting”, these products have created a ripple effect of reviews and revelations. 

This new social media platform has been so influential that the beauty companies and small businesses who make these products have grown and benefited greatly. As a Gen Z-er myself, I have seen a great number of these products circling the app, and they have always piqued my interest due to their advertised benefits and overall aesthetic appearances. With that being said, here are 8 of the best beauty products to try according to TikTok:

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

This peeling solution from The Ordinary is great for exfoliating, acne scars and evening out skin tones. The blood red color of the solution can make you look like Carrie after prom, but TikTok users assure viewers that it is definitely worth it! I have not tried this one yet, but I am excited to try it soon. 

Freck OG Faux Freckles

Faux freckles are a super cute trend that I hope will never end! This product has taken the app by storm, and the reviews have been overwhelming. People are loving this new look, and this product specifically is supposed to be one of the best for achieving it!

Truly Unicorn Whipped Body Butter

This body butter has to have the cutest, most aesthetic packaging I have ever seen. The Truly Unicorn Body Butter attracts TikTok users not only for its pretty rainbow swirl, but also for its CBD ingredient. The whipped lotion is supposed to smell and feel so amazing that TikTok users cannot stop talking about it!

Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Lip Plumper

The Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme is a plumper for juicy full lips! This plumper works pretty much instantly, leaving you with amazingly plump lips in just minutes. It feels tingly right after application, but do not worry- this is how you know it is working! 

Elf Poreless Putty Primer

TikTok users consider this product to be a dupe for Tatcha’s Poreless Silk Canvas Primer. It is said to leave you with effortless effect! Your makeup routine will be even more flawless than it was before. 

Essence Kiss The Black Sheep Lipstick

This unique color changing lipstick is black in color and changes on your lips! The TikTok community is loving this lipstick, and I for one cannot wait to try it. 

Kiss Impress Press-On Nails

The Kiss Press-on Nails are so perfect for people who love having a full set of arcylic nails and cannot go to the nail salon! These are a super affordable option, and they are especially great for at home application due to the recent stay at home order.

Neogen Pore Tight Peeling Mousse 

This is a product I discovered on TikTok that I desperately want to try for myself! The mousse acts like a vaccum, and it removes all of the dirt and blackheads from your pores. I need and want this ASAP!

The TikTok beauty community has been pumping out amazing recommendations and reviews on different beauty products that are both affordable and interesting to try. In addition to the entertaining qualities of these bite sized videos, they hold a good amount of advice when it comes to the benefits of each of these products, and they really help the general public become better consumers. As for myself, I cannot wait to get my hands on some of thes products to discover what my own thoughts are on these viral recommendations.

Esther Kang is an English major at UCLA who hopes to pursue a career in broadcast journalism. In her free time, she loves to spend the day inside watching Netflix, spending time with friends and exploring the Los Angeles area.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.