This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Tests are stressful! Sometimes they can become so overwhelming that we can become absent minded and forgetful, which can cause more stress. The other day, for example, I was walking around trying to find my keys while they were in my hand. For your sake, and for the sake of those you live with, check out the top five ways to destress if you find yourself like I did:

Take a walk

Taking a break from the screen and getting outside for some fresh air can be a real game changer. Whether it is the warm sun on your back or the sound of the leaves blowing in the wind, walking can quickly put your mind at ease and give you the reset you need to tackle your day!

Bake a favorite treat

If you are anything like me, doing something such as baking where you can see yourself complete a project can be so rewarding. If you find yourself swamped with projects, I highly recommend baking an easy favorite recipe. Seeing yourself finish a task will mentally make you feel better, and you get a tasty snack at the end. It’s a win-win!

Talk to a friend or loved one

Talking out stress is a great way to mentally process for yourself what is going on, and it’s nice to have someone close to you understand what is going on. When I talk to my mom or my best friend, it always lifts weight off my shoulders and makes me feel more centered about my tasks at hand. 

Put on a face mask

I love this destresser. My skin ALWAYS pays the price during midterms. If you don’t have much time, take a quick break to apply a mask, work on some homework for 20 minutes, and then rinse! Trust me, your skin will thank you. 

Dance it out to your favorite song

Sometimes all you need is a little dance break. Getting up and moving is such an easy way to get your blood flowing. If you are lacking song ideas, try “Everybody, Everybody” by Black Box. This truly iconic song will lighten up even the darkest of times.

Exam season is rough, but these tips really do make the temporary stress just a little easier to handle. Just remember that these tests will end, and everything is a learning experience to take note of and improve upon for the next time. Good luck! You got this!

Ava Burford is a junior at UCLA. She is passionate about uplifting others through her writing, philanthropic work and blog. She is apart of the sorority Pi Beta Phi and enjoys running and being with her family in her free time.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.