14 Valentine’s (Or Galentine’s) Gift Ideas For Those Special Someones In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day this year, February 14 can be a tough holiday to shop for. From quirky gag gifts like custom t-shirts and boxers to heartfelt custom jewelry, we’ve got you covered. In this list, you’ll find fourteen gift ideas for your boyfriends, girlfriends, or girl friends.

Custom/engraved jewelry

I am an absolute sucker for customized gifts and have been absolutely obsessed with the Pandora handwritten engraved necklaces currently circulating on TikTok. For the men in your life, Etsy has some super cool engraved ring options. I love the idea of engraving you and your lover’s initials or anniversary date on a ring.

legos

Another super viral and adorable Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) idea is Legos! Not only are Legos super nostalgic for many of us, but they’re a really fun and satisfying activity for spending quality time with a partner or friend. Plus, there are so many super cute Valentine’s Day-themed Legos available right now.

SKIMS (or any other comfy lounge wear or lingerie)

After the Lana Del Rey x Skims collaboration dropped, I’ve certainly had Skims on my mind. Whether it’s the mildly controversial candy bra and panty set, a luxurious slip from the Lana collab or an ultra-comfy pair of boxers for your man (he probably needs them), Skims has plenty to offer as far as Valentine’s Day goes.

gag clothing

We’ve probably all seen those custom bootleg rap t-shirts girls order for their boyfriends with their names and a ton of pictures of them, but did you know that you can order your boyfriend custom underwear with your face on it? Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to have fun with silly clothing and gag gifts, so order your boyfriend those “I LOVE MY GF” sweatpants!

matching keychains

Whether it’s your bestie or your boyfriend, matching keychains are not only a super cute way to commemorate your relationship and decorate your keychain, but they can also be a fun excuse to get merch for a show, video game, movie, or book you enjoy together. The viral Lego Batman and custom Lego keychains are also super fun.

friends/couples games

I can’t think of a better way to celebrate your relationship with your best girlfriends or partner than spending quality time with them. You can play For The Girls with your besties or play Sexy Truth Or Dare with your boyfriend. Either way, games can be both a fun outlet and a great way to get to know each other more.

@amazinggrace_xoxo

We had a ball playing this game! You and yours should grab @lastcouplestanding for your next couples game night! @notzayandgrace

♬ original sound – Grace Hunter 👸🏽✨
TICKETS TO SOMETHING

Pick something you and your partner (or best friends) love to do, and buy some tickets! Some potential ideas include a staycation at a local Airbnb or concert tickets. It can even be a trip to a theme park like Disneyland or Universal Studios.

matching Pjs

Nothing is cuter or more romantic than matching PJs or loungewear. We’re all pretty much familiar with matching Christmas pajamas, but what about matching heart PJs with your significant other or matching silk sets with your girlfriends? Or twinning some fluffy pajama pants with your favorite cartoon or video game character with your boyfriend?

stanley/water bottle

So many girlies complain about their boyfriend stealing sips from their Stanley cups… get him his own so he has no excuses! Likewise, I’m sure your girlfriends would love a hot Stanley tumbler to match their 40oz Quencher.

message pill co

This company makes the most adorable “pill” bottles. You fill the “pills” with handwritten notes about things you love about the person you are giving the bottle to. So creative and heartfelt!

matching plushies

Plushies are ideal because you can hug them and think of your partner when they’re not there! Plus, they’re absolutely adorable and super comfy on your bed. These are a must-get item.

heart-themed cookware

I have been absolutely obsessed with the heart-shaped Le Creuset since I saw it on Instagram. Heart-shaped measuring spoons, cookie cutters, and waffle makers are also super cute and more affordable alternatives. Another must-get item this Valentine’s!

Digital or polaroid camera

Everyone is so obsessed with digital and Polaroid cameras these days. And Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to buy one! They’re super sentimental and can be a fun way to collect memories with your partner and friends.

journal/scrapbook

My boyfriend and I both gifted each other scrapbooks/journals for our anniversary and were nearly in tears. Handmade gifts, especially those containing beloved memories of you and your partner or friends, are the most affordable… and often the most meaningful.

Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day) can be a tough holiday to gift for, whether you go all out or like to take a more minimalist approach to celebrating with your partner or gals. That said, I’m sure at least one of these 14 gift ideas will inspire you this Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) Day. From custom underwear to matching PJ sets to handwritten notes, you’re set on present ideas ranging from affordable to splurge-worthy.

Kylee is a fourth-year at UCLA double-majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Her poems have been published in Train River Poetry, The Mandarin, Open Ceilings, and our very own Westwind (among others). She also writes feature articles for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time, she acts, drinks way too much coffee, romanticizes everything, and buys more books than she can keep up with.