stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things We Can Learn From Cameron Diaz’s “The Body Book”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

“The Law of Hunger. The Science of Strength. The Power of Knowledge.”

At the start of every new year most of us desire to improve our fitness goals and generally improve anything we feel is holding us back from being our best selves. As the New Year continues, you can’t deny that most of us also lose sight of our fitness goals here and there, and new year’s resolutions become… well…past resolutions.

The one thing that separates us from accomplishing any goal is our mind. And in Cameron Diaz’s new book The Body Book with both her personal experience and consulting with nutrition and health experts, The Body Book teaches us the importance of learning the facts on your body and “turning knowledge into action”.

The Body Book offers straight to the point tips on healthy and bad fats, getting your mind right on improving your health, and how to “love your hunger”.

Here are 8 lessons we can learn from Cameron Diaz’s The Body Book:

Anyone can be an athlete.

Only you set the limits to what you choose to do as exercise and improving your athletic ability. It’s all about your thoughts.

Fuel is essential.

Before ANY exercise activity it’s important to eat a combination of protein, carbs, and fat. All of these essentials make up for a healthier body and powerful workout.

It’s important to set yourself up for success and plan what you eat.

Get your stretch on. 

Both before and after every workout as well as throughout the day, it is important to stretch, stretch, stretch. It is a way to familiarize with your body, get your muscles ready before training and relax your mind.

Choose a physical activity that you enjoy. 

Running, zumba, yoga, basketball, soccer, jazzercise. Yup, there’s pretty much a bountiful of physical exercises out there meant for everyone. You just have to discover which!

Bacteria are our friends. 

When we eat healthy bacteria in the form of probiotics we can help promote the balance of good bacteria in our gut. AKA: Flat Stomachs!

Sleep! 

As college students this might get hard, but it is necessary. Think of sleep as a second workout.

Knowledge is power. 

“Educating yourself about your body is one of the most important things you can do.” If you want excellent results when it comes to your health, you must turn all that you learn as apart of your daily routine.

Check out Cameron’s process of making the book!

What books inspire you? Let us know!

Ligia Forbes is a student at the University of Central Florida, and a Her Campus UCF News Writer. Afro-latina, World Traveler, UNICEF Advocate,Big Sister, and lover of living life on purpose.
UCF Contributor