This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The season of spring is officially here, which means winter is finally over. Although Florida doesn’t quite experience those harsh winters (at all), it’s still nice to leave the cold behind and jump into spring! This season can sometimes be forgotten, what with the holidays being in winter and summer being right around the corner, but spring deserves a little more appreciation. Here are six ways to put a little more spring in your step this season:

1. Throw Pastels in Your Wardrobe

The season of spring is all about vibrant flowers and beautiful pastel colors. Incorporate spring into your wardrobe by wearing flowery patterns or bringing in hints of light purples, pinks, yellows and blues! This could be as big as wearing a whole outfit dedicated to spring trends, or something as small as some flower earrings or a light pink headband. You’ll look fabulous with whichever way you choose to spruce up your spring looks!

2. Try Baking

There are so many baked goods and pastries that you can make and decorate during the spring season! Try baking a delicious blueberry pie or some yummy lemon bars. You could also make some sort of cupcakes (carrot cake is a great flavor), and decorate them with light pastel colors and flower decorations! Spring baking is a fun and delicious way to spend some of your free time indoors. 

3. Get a Potted Plant

What better way to appreciate the season of spring than getting yourself a little potted plant? Some easy plants to take care of are aloe, lavender, succulents, cacti and peace lilies. Not only can these plants add some spring style to your apartment, but they can also purify the air and brighten your mood! Who knows— maybe even you have a green thumb.

4. Go on a Picnic

Transitioning from the season of winter means the weather is quickly getting warmer here in Florida. Now is the time to go on a cute picnic with your friends or significant other, considering it’s not too hot or cold! Pack some sandwiches, fruit salad, lemonade, and maybe a small pie for dessert and feel the breeze blow through your hair as you enjoy the spring weather. Don’t forget to invest in a red-checkered blanket to create prime photo opportunities.

5. Do Some Spring Cleaning

Next up is the classic day of spring cleaning. Plan a day in your schedule to freshen up your apartment and clean everything up. As college students, we tend to get a little cluttered and I know my own room has clothing piles all over the floor. Just picking things up and spraying some spring scents could brighten up your day and leave you feeling accomplished and fresh!

6. Enjoy Those Rainy Days

As they say, “April showers bring May flowers,” and in Florida, we’re no strangers to stormy weather. Rather than feeling down on a gloomy day, make the most of it! Rainy days are perfect for cuddling up with good books or just taking some great naps as you listen to the rainfall on the roof. You could also throw on some rain boots, grab an umbrella and go splashing around in the puddles! This could be a fantastic stress reliever as finals season approaches.

Spring has sprung here in Florida and there are so many ways to put some spring in your step for the season. Take a few of these ideas and have fun with the season to brighten up your days. Before we know it, summer will be here—but for now, appreciate the breath of fresh air from spring.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hi my name is Ally and I'm 20 years old! My major is Radio Television Production, and I have loved writing since I was a kid. I love music (I'm a member of the Marching Knights), theme parks, and shopping. To get to know me a little more, feel free to read my future articles!
UCF Contributor