4 Ways To Stay Organized This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The spring semester is going full steam ahead, and if you aren’t organized, I got you! Being a sophomore, I’ve had the chance to try out different methods to plan out my life. Here are some tips and tricks to make sure you never miss an assignment.

Use a planner

Plan, plan, plan! That’s the best advice I can give. Planning ahead will make going through the semester much easier. Using a planner is essential for every college student.

I have used many planners, and found them to make life so much easier! You can write down all the assignments you have to complete for the week. Most planners also have a calendar for writing down bigger assignments, like projects or exams.

To make it more fun, grab a pack of stickers and accessorize your planner. After all, planning doesn’t have to be boring. Bring on cute stickers, highlighters and colored pens!

make a To-Do List

I like to write a to-do list every morning before I start my day. It doesn’t have to be detailed, just enough so I have an idea of what I have to do. You can put your list in your planner, a sticky note, anything! This way you have a rough idea of what you want to accomplish throughout the day

Plan digitally

Not into pen and paper? That’s alright! There are various online softwares you can use to plan your life. Todoist is an app you can download on your laptop or phone to help get organized. I use it to add some of the major events and exams I have to complete. The best part is that you can connect it to your calendar and get reminders sent to you the day before a homework assignment is due.

Another software that I swear by is Notion. Notion is a website and app that is a hub for all things organization. You can use it to put information from your classes, so everything is in one place.

I have a page for each of my classes. On that page, I have the class name, time, professor name and credit hours. I also have a link to the syllabus and that professor’s email and office hours.

You can also input your assignments and the dates they are due. You can even embed different websites and apps, like Todoist. That way, everything is in one place, and much easier to find.

And again, you can personalize it and make it cute! There are many templates to use and take inspiration from.

Reflect on your week

Reflect on your week, and see what you accomplished. If you didn’t accomplish all that you wanted, that’s okay! We all have off days, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. You can look back at your week, and begin to plan your next week. Planning your upcoming week will make it easy to stay on track with any work that needs to be done.

There you have it! I hope you feel inspired to crush this upcoming semester. Grab a planner, and get to organizing!

Jasmine Gregg is a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Marketing. Originally from New Jersey, she is enjoying the sun in Orlando! You may find her reading a good book(She's always looking for recommendations!), writing, or watching movies.