This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We all know that college can be one of the most stressful times, but it doesn’t always have to be. Today I’m sharing my favorite tips for managing stress and anxiety in college that don’t require too much effort, because really, who has the time anyway? 

Make time to do the things you enjoy

Even when it seems like school is the ONLY thing that matters and the only thing you have time for, it’s not. By taking the time to do the things that bring you joy and peace throughout your day, you are putting yourself in a better place so that you can complete your tasks more efficiently.

Keep a journal

As basic and overdone as it sounds, keeping a journal is SO beneficial. Every night before you go to bed, journal about anything that’s on your mind to empty out everything that’s stressing you out.

Use a planner

I couldn’t live without my planner! Planning out your days and workload (especially if you also have a job), is one of the most beneficial ways to manage your time so that you’re not stressing out or cramming in all of your schoolwork at once.

Spend time with friends/family & people who make you happy

Sometimes, one of the best things you can do is be around people that make you happy. Knowing you are not alone and having great people around you in a stressful time is so important.

Pray/meditate

This is one of the best ways to find guidance and peace in a stressful time!

Exercise

Take the time to prioritize your health and release some endorphins.

Organize

Organizing your closet, room or bathroom is a great way to declutter physically and mentally.

Paint or draw

Get creative! This is probably the number one thing I do when I’m stressed or anxious because I love anything creative; painting or drawing can be so therapeutic. 

Dance it out

Let all of your stress and anxiety go by blasting some music and dancing!

Go outside

Get away from technology, soak up the weather and take some deep breaths! Instant calm.

These things seem small until you try them. Prioritizing the things that bring you peace and make you happy will reduce stress and anxiety, and help you to perform better in the things you have to accomplish. Don’t forget, you are capable of so much more than you think when you place yourself in a good mindset! 

My name is Vanessa Tomasik, I am a psychology major, college & lifestyle blogger, and photographer!
UCF Contributor