This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Lately I’ve been having stomach problems and feeling grossed out due to eating out and consuming lots of spicy food. With school going on, I’ve been eating unhealthy because I don’t have the energy to cook. However, I talked some sense into myself and decided to go back to my usual routine. To start off the week, I came up with my own juice recipe that not only tastes amazing, but is enjoyable to drink considering the fact that it has fruit and vegetables in it. A lot of people get freaked out when they hear vegetables are an ingredient in a drink, however, this recipe does not taste like there is one bit of greens in it. It tastes like a combination of refreshing fruit. Although fruit is delicious and sweet, the reason why vegetables are important is because it does more for your body than you think it does. Celery promotes healthy skin clearing acne and leaving your skin glowing. Cucumber contains antioxidants and micronutrients which also helps the skin and improves digestion along with staying hydrated. As for lemon, it helps with bloating and contains vitamin C. I also like adding lemon to everything I drink because it keeps me feeling refreshed and hydrated. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 3 stalks of celery 

• ⅓ cucumber

• ½ lemon

• ½ mango

• 3 strawberries 

• ½ apple

Make sure to cut the mango and strawberries in smaller pieces that way the juicer does its magic on the fruit without getting jammed or stuck. I never liked going out to juice places and spending my money on juices that tasted horrible . They were also not packed with enough nutrients. I believe that I can make my own juice at home that will contain both fruit and vegetables while having it taste good. I also like to control what I put in my food, so I made sure not to add sugar or unnecessary ingredients. This drink is pure 100% real vegetable and fruit which makes it better to save money and enjoy it at home! 

Jenita Raksanoh

UC Riverside '21

Jenita is a Media and Cultural Studies major at the University of California, Riverside. She enjoys meal prepping, working out, having photoshoots and discovering trendy food spots. Her goal is to motivate women to become healthier and become the best version of themselves. Being a young woman in college has taught her not only academically but mentally as well, which is why she is driven to help others through Her Campus.
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.