This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Merced chapter.

It’s midterm season and tensions are running high. Not only are our stress levels rising, it’s starting to get cold outside. Our skin is going to hate us if we don’t take some time to take care of ourselves. Avoid irritable skin by indulging in one of these four easy-to-make facemasks with ingredients you already have in your fridge. The best part is: they’re edible!

Banana + Orange Juice + Honey 

If you want to brighten up your complexion, then this is the facemask for you! Mix ½ a banana, ¼ cup of orange juice, and a tablespoon of honey. Bananas will provide your skin with vitamins E, C, potassium, and moisture. Leave it on until it dries. If you have extra? Smoothie time!

Coffee + Honey 

This one is going to be hard not to drink! According to Elle Magazine, caffeine in coffee naturally tightens your skin and honey removes dirt from your pores. Mix ½ a cup of coffee grounds and a tablespoon of honey to make this delicious face mask. Leave it on until it dries and then wash it off with warm water. Who knew your morning pick-me-up could make an amazing facemask?

Honey + Cinnamon

Are you breaking out from stress? Then this is the perfect facemask for you! Mix one tablespoon of cinnamon with ¼ cup of honey and apply it to your face until it dries. According to Rachel Nall, a nurse and writer for Medical News Today, cinnamon dries out acne while honey cleans the pores. The perfect duo!

Oats + Banana + Honey 

Your breakfast oatmeal is the perfect facemask for this fall! If you have oily skin, mix 1 cup of oats, ½ a banana, and a tablespoon of honey. Apply it to your face and wait until it’s dry. Wash it off once it’s done, or when you’re ready to eat it!

Stress is terrible so don’t let it affect your skin. Take time for yourself this midterm season. Remember that you cannot pour from an empty cup, so you must make sure that you are taking care of yourself. We hope that these DIY facemasks help you destress and feel ready to take on the semester!

Christian Laspada is a fourth year undergraduate student at the University of California, Merced pursuing a Bachelor’s of Art degree in Psychology with a research emphasis in sustainability and a minor in Writing. He has taken a number of courses in his major including Human Behavioral Genetics, Health Psychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology and is working towards becoming a researcher. He is an active member of Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology. He works as an EcoRep intern on campus where he promotes sustainability and sustainable habits to students, staff, and faculty. Mr. Laspada has been a Learning Assistant for psychology at his university’s Bright Success Center since March of 2017, where he tutors peers in various subjects in psychology. In the future, he plans to research how to increase sustainable behavior with social psychology, how people interact with each other and the natural world, gender differences in sustainable behavior, and climate action and mitigation.