This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Dear You, 

I trusted you so much more than I trust the majority of my closest friends. I trusted you growingly with every inch of my being and now I am left to suffer the consequences of my actions. You picked me apart like a new toy just to throw me away once you got your favorite toy back. 

I trusted you to take care of my feelings and yet you continuously hurt me until you couldn’t anymore. How can you find it so easy to cut me off, so easy to pretend like I don’t exist?

With every passing day, I find myself healing while refusing to forgive you all at the same time. They say you can’t really move on from something until you forgive, but I think that’s another lie. You see, with every passing day, the curiosity diminishes, the bond fades, the temptation to care dims, and my healing continues.

Was there ever a time you told me the truth? Ever a time you loved me, cared for me unconditionally? I’m afraid not.

I thought I needed you, but I realize now that I never needed a liar, cheater, and egotistical narcissist who never truly cared about me or what I was going through.

Yours no longer,

Me