This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Caitria Chan will be joining the UBC Her Campus team in September 2018 as our new Secretary. To get to know her a little better, we asked her a few questions:

Hometown: Richmond, BC

Year: Second

Major: Speech Sciences 

Favourite place on campus: IKB

How you chose your major: Based on my personal interests and research on programs offered at UBC during my application process.

How you chose UBC: I chose UBC because of its beautiful campus that is near home and it offers the Speech Sciences undergraduate program. 

Why you decided to join Her Campus: To get involved in a community filled with diverse and empowering women. 

Current song you can’t stop listening to: “Together” by Us the Duo

Next place you want to travel to: Australia

What you’re most looking forward to this Summer: Hiking with great company and beautiful weather.

First word that comes to mind when you hear “Vancouver”: Raincouver

Go-to outfit for class: Jeans and a sweater 

Quote you guide your life by: “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller

TV/literary character you most identify with: Hello Kitty 

Favourite memory at UBC: Lunch dates between classes. 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.