This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Above is the tiramisu I made for a family party

My first ever bite of tiramisu left me craving more and utterly intoxicated. The swirls of cream layered with coffee-dipped pastries, with a slight hint of alcohol, is nothing short of heavenly. The traditional Italian tiramisu recipe typically takes several hours to make, and while I am willing to put in the effort for such treats, patience is not a strong suit of mine. So here’s a quick and easy recipe for tiramisu that is just as divinely delicious!
(For those looking for vegan substitutes of double cream and mascarpone, check out this website.)

Ingredients

150ml double cream
4 tbsp icing sugar*
250g mascarpone
3 tbsp Marsala (or other fortified wine)
1 tbs vanilla extract
4 sponge fingers
200ml cold strong coffee
Chocolate (grated)

Instructions

1. Pour the cream into a bowl then sift in the icing sugar.
2. Whisk together until you reach the soft peak stage
3. In a separate bowl beat together mascarpone with Marsala and vanilla extract
4. Mix the cream and mascarpone ad refrigerate if possible (30 minutes)
5. Break the sponge finger in two and very briefly dip them in the cold espresso
6. Divide them into the bottom of serving glasses (I would suggest Martini glasses)
7. Spoon the cream mixture on top
8. Grate over a little chocolate just before serving

*I usually add only half the amount of sugar, but taste as you go.

All finished within the hour!

Selenna Ho is passionate about writing and is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team. Her experiences include working as Editor in Chief of Sojourners, a Journalist for Surrey Women's Centre, and as an Editorial Assistant for PRISM Magazine. Selenna has had original research published in the Journal of Undergraduate Ethnography. She has also had short stories and poetry published by the Young Writers of Canada and The World Poetry Movement, where she won a gold medal for her poetry. When not in school, Selenna enjoys travelling around the world, or relaxing with her family and friends.