HC UBC’s Goals For This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

The first semester of the school year has begun! Whether it’s your first or last year at UBC, I’m sure you’ve already set some goals for yourself, that you may or may not keep. A goal can be as simple as being on top of all your readings (actually not that simple) or trying to drink more water. If you don’t have any ideas on what to set for yourself, maybe you can get inspired by some of our fellow UBC students’ goals for this semester!

1. “My goal for this year is to learn how to cook healthier food and not rely on Uber eats. I am also aiming for a co-op position and want to learn more about the Human Resources field of study. Also, I want to cut off toxic/negative people in my life and try to enjoy the amazing opportunities I have been blessed with.”

2. “I want to drink more water and stop spending money on unnecessary things!”

3. “My goal for this semester is to maximize all of my opportunities. I spent my first year at UBC (after transferring from another institution) focused on classes and slowly discovering everything that available to me. Unfortunately, as a new student I felt somewhat lost, as though searching to find my identity in a new university and a new province. Now that I’ve begun to find my place, I don’t want to let any opportunity for growth slip by. I’ve always had creative ideas: short films I’ve been meaning to produce, pieces I’ve been meaning to write, and experiences I’ve been meaning to live. This year, I need to get out of my head and allow for these ideas to come true.”

4. “My goal is to kick ass my co-op position this Fall and to expand my cooking portfolio!

5. “My goal for this semester is to explore new opportunities whether in work/volunteering positions that relate closely to my field of study in order to broaden my knowledge in the career options, as well as gaining experience in the industry. Also, I hope to incorporate more physical activities into my schedule to maintain a healthier lifestyle.”

6. “My goal is to really try to get involved in university life in as many ways as I can, but still stay on top of my schoolwork and my general health and well-being.”

7. “My goals is to keep myself happy, hydrated and updated with the course content! I am also hoping for second co-op position next term and getting more involved in clubs as well as volunteering when I have the time for things that I am passionate about.”

8. “My goal is to take extra care of my mental health by first taking care of my physical health (eating and sleeping properly), as well as monitoring my emotional/mental state so as to not put constant pressure on myself academically and socially.”

Hope you meet your goals HC UBC, but don’t stress out if you don’t! 

Gif source: GIPHY

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.