Event to Look for: Clubs Day UBC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Next week, the AMS will be hosting Clubs Day 2017 in the nest from Tuesday, September 19th to Friday, September 22nd. 

Why should I go?

Clubs Day provides students with the opportunity to meet individuals with similar passions and goals outside of academia. With hundreds of clubs to choose from, there is a place for everyone to feel at home. Being a part of a club can provide you with new friendships, a place to pursue your interests, a great addition to your resume, and a sense of community at a campus as large as UBC. 

Some of the types of clubs featured: 

– Sports (i.e Ski, Surf)

– Undergrad Societies (i.e arts, political science, science, etc.)

– Volunteer (i.e Best Buddies UBC, Free the Children UBC)

– Religious (i.e Jesus Disciple Movement, Jewish Students Association)

– Ethnic Group (i.e Mexican Students Association, Nepali Student Association) 

– Interest (i.e Model UN, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Society)

Check out all Alma Mater Society (AMS) clubs here. 

When/Where is it? 

Clubs Day will be hosted from September 19th-22nd in the Nest from 11am – 3pm.  

Will Her Campus UBC be there? 

Her Campus UBC will be at Clubs day on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Great Hall – be sure to stop by! 

Positions we are looking to fill (no prior experience needed): 

– Staff Writers 

– Social Media Correspondents 

– Event Planners

– Senior Editors 

We look forward to seeing you at Clubs Day and please feel free to contact us if you are interested in being a part of the HCUBC team! 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.