Next week, the AMS will be hosting Clubs Day 2017 in the nest from Tuesday, September 19th to Friday, September 22nd.
Why should I go?
Clubs Day provides students with the opportunity to meet individuals with similar passions and goals outside of academia. With hundreds of clubs to choose from, there is a place for everyone to feel at home. Being a part of a club can provide you with new friendships, a place to pursue your interests, a great addition to your resume, and a sense of community at a campus as large as UBC.
Some of the types of clubs featured:
– Sports (i.e Ski, Surf)
– Undergrad Societies (i.e arts, political science, science, etc.)
– Volunteer (i.e Best Buddies UBC, Free the Children UBC)
– Religious (i.e Jesus Disciple Movement, Jewish Students Association)
– Ethnic Group (i.e Mexican Students Association, Nepali Student Association)
– Interest (i.e Model UN, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Society)
Check out all Alma Mater Society (AMS) clubs here.
When/Where is it?
Clubs Day will be hosted from September 19th-22nd in the Nest from 11am – 3pm.
Will Her Campus UBC be there?
Her Campus UBC will be at Clubs day on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Great Hall – be sure to stop by!
Positions we are looking to fill (no prior experience needed):
– Staff Writers
– Social Media Correspondents
– Event Planners
– Senior Editors
We look forward to seeing you at Clubs Day and please feel free to contact us if you are interested in being a part of the HCUBC team!