10 Fitness Instagrammers Worth Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

In case you haven’t noticed yet, there seems to have been a major social media overload these days. Now, more than ever, Instagram is making its way through the crowd. Move over Facebook and Twitter, there’s a new kid on the block and everyone’s loving it!

I must admit I’m an Instragram freak myself. Whenever there’s nothing else to do (waiting in line at Starbucks, right before bedtime… I know you do it too!) I turn to my Instagram account (@astridtentorio) and I have to say, the Instagram users I love most are are all the fitness and health-related accounts out there! There are so many I can barely keep track – from fitness inspiration to women’s transformations, eating clean tips to some of the most beautiful food ever (seriously, how do they make it look so gorgeous?), it’s all healthy, so what’s not to love?  

Which brings us to presenting you with the best of the ‘gram – before the cold weather really kicks in, (and we all quit on hitting the gym for midterms/finals season) set up an Instagram (if you don’t already have one) and follow these amazing healthy living inspirations! #whatfreshmen15

@Censkiii

This woman has some of the best instructional gym videos you’ll ever find – try some and you’ll be working up a sweat! Her name is Cenna and she’s a “gym junkie” from Australia. On her account you’ll find her own gym videos showing you which exercises to do for a specific target area – whether it’d be obliques, chest and back, or hamstrings! She also posts some great ‘staying healthy’ tips!

@SimpleGreenSmoothies

This account is all about “the green smoothing lifestyle for rawkin’ recipes, 30-day challenge, 21-day cleanse.” If you’ve always wanted to try the 30-day challenge of having a smoothie everyday, but you don’t know how to go about doing that, follow this account for some great daily smoothie recipes. Plus, you’ll have someone else going through the challenge with you; it’s a win-win situation!

@BeFitPhotos

Alright, so we all know that are many rainy cold days that give us zero motivation to go out and hit the gym (or do any other form activity, besides reaching for the remote from the couch…) – so whether we’re feeling lazy or simply having a bad day, there’s nothing better to get you going than this account’s highly motivating workout pictures. They’ll actually make you want to be active – after all, we all need a little push once in a while!

@HealingBelle

Meet Belle Gibson. Her story is probably one of the most inspiring stories on my Instagram (I’m sure her 104K followers would agree with me!). Four years ago Belle was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor with an absolute maximum of four months to live. That was four years ago… Today, she’s sharing her journey, trying to make health and wellness accessible to everyone, and healing her cancer naturally through healthy eating and healthy living. (Even she’s not even sure how she’s doing it! But we’re so proud of her) If you’re looking for an amazing, healthy, living motivation and some seriously delicious recipes for desserts, dinners, and everything in between, Belle won’t disappoint! In her own words she says, “Live your dreams whilst we have the power to do so, smile and be grateful every single day and never forget to nourish and love your bodies…” Talk about inspiration!

@StaySharpBeStrong

Born to an Olympian mother and famous rock-climbing father, Nikki Sharp shares her fitness knowledge through Instagram and her own health company. She started off this account without having photos of her face, but was so overwhelmed by the responses and advice-seekers she received as a result that she finally revealed herself when she hit 10,000 followers. She’s known for her successful 5 day detox plan and workout plan, her inspirational fitness quotes, and her own food recipes. s. She’ll keep pushing you until you reach your goal and she won’t let you fail!

@Fitness_Exercises

Have you ever wondered exactly what each exercise actually does to your body? Always wanted to lift weights but never known how to use them? If yes, this account is perfect for you! Unlike the other more personal Instagrammers, this one is more informational as it gives details on specific exercises. And again, it’s filled with fitness inspiration quotes – you can never have too many on your feed! 

@Organicandy

This one is a “Soul Foodie,” as she calls herself. Here you’ll mostly find pictures of deliciously looking and good-for-you food. She’s big on anything organic, especially loving fruits and veggies! Follow her to inspire yourself to eat a little more of nature’s candy and all that’s good for your body.

@Shonda1020

Shonda is a mother of two, and another absolute huge inspiration. Her account follows her on her journey from 203lbs to looking and feeling amazing, while loving life at the same time. She’s one of those people who decided to turn their life around for their health and was successful in doing so. She’s is an inspiration for anyone who says, “I can’t” “I won’t” “I will never be…” She’ll make you want to never give up! A true success story right here.

@TheBlondeVegan

She calls herself a, “yoga junkie, health nut, life lover, and a passionate food blogger.” She’s only 22, and has probably one of the yummiest instagram accounts out there! The best part? It’s pretty much all vegan! Her food pictures will have you drooling and she has so many great recipes that dinner ideas will never be a problem again. If you’re vegan or if you’re thinking of trying out this lifestyle, The Blonde Vegan will have you covered from grocery shopping lists to tasty & good-for-you dessert ideas!

@BigCityDreamerBlog

Heather Adamson’s account is anything but ordinary. She’ll inspire you to eat clean while showing you (literally) how to prepare nutritious dishes. What makes this account different is her use of videos to basically teach you how to make parfaits, healthy spaghetti, or even cauliflower cous cous step-by-step! This account is absolutely AH-mazing. Her videos are top notch quality and she also adds facts on the benefits of different super foods like asparagus, carrots, and others!

So who says we won’t learn anything from Instagram? This social media outlet is filled with all kinds of health and fitness goodness! Follow some of these amazing Instagrammers and you’ll learn something new every day – not to mention, you’ll kick butt at the gym!