This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Midterms can be really stressful; so it is important to take time to relax and take care of yourself. It doesn’t matter if you go out or stay in as long as you enjoy yourself.  

Do Something Fun or Relaxing

Go out by yourself or with your girls to the nail salon. There’s just something about a fresh manicure that can make you feel like a totally new person. If nails aren’t your thing you could treat yourself to a massage or a facial. You could even have a relaxing night in with your girls. Whether you are binge watching chick flicks or sharing the latest gossip it’s sure to be a great time.

Have a Girls Day/Night Out

If you’re stressing, it’s likely your friends are too and there’s nothing like an outing with your girls to relieve some of the pressure. If y’all are looking for some adventure an escape room, laser tag, skating, or even paintball could be a great opportunity to bond and forget about your stress. For a more relaxing outing y’all could try out a new restaurant, go to a painting class, or have a photoshoot.

Netflix and Relax

Take a break from the seemingly endless hours of studying to relax with a good show. Binge watch you favorite show or try something new. Who knows you may find your next favorite. If you want to make your Netflix binge even more relaxing throw on a facemask or give yourself a manicure as you watch.

Hannah is a freshman at UAB and is majoring in communications with a concentration in journalism.
HCUAB