Wellness

Start Your Day With Positive Energy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Every day won’t always be perfect, but you can still try to make the best of it. Starting your day off with some positive energy might be the first step in you having better days. Instead of waking up and feeling like the day isn’t going to go well, try telling yourself it’s going to be great. A lot of the time we think ourselves into a bad day before anything even happens.

Here’s a quick routine you can go through in the morning to prep for a good day.

1. Think about one thing you like about yourself. It doesn’t having to be physical. It could be your ability to empathize with others or how you can make your friends laugh when they’re sad. 
  2. Name one thing you accomplished yesterday. Big or small, it’s an accomplishment and you can do it again! 
  3. List some people or things that you are thankful for. You could even go a step forward and challenge yourself to let one of those people know you are thankful. Pets can definitely be included in this list!
  4. Name one thing you are looking forward to. Whether it is in the near future or some time from now, think about it and how you can want to get to it. 
  5. Take a few deep breaths and get ready to conquer the day. Don’t be too hard on yourself if things don’t go as planned. Try to find the positives in it. 

By no means am I writing off having a bad day. We are all entitled to our feelings and having a bad day isn’t the end of the world, but it doesn’t hurt to try and add some positive energy to your day.

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.