Calling All Women Creators, Makers and Shakers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

On October 9th at 5:00 pm the UAB Commercialization Accelerator will be hosting an interest meeting for UAB’s first Women in Entrepreneurship Society (WES).

(​​Image courtesy of UAB WES)

Why women in entrepreneurship?

Studies show that on average female-founded companies create over 60 percent more value for investors than those founded by men, yet only 17% of startups have a female founder!

WES aims to empower female entrepreneurs within the UAB community to achieve their full potential and demonstrate the value of diversity in entrepreneurship. They will be discussing their spring programming, speaker series, and mentorship program. 

Additionally, WES is actively recruiting students for their inaugural leadership team, who will shape and run the organization in Spring 2018. 

If you’re interested in connecting and networking with female entrepreneurs, receiving mentorship or professional development, WES may be the organization for you!

You can RSVP here!

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.