This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

As a college student, we always get caught up in our day-to-day busy lives that we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves, especially our skin! Here are some products that are not only super affordable and easy to find but also work great for different skin types:

1. Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Scrub($5.99)

This face scrub is a MUST. Not only is it super affordable, but it leaves your skin super clean! The 2% salicylic acid helps fight against acne but also helps prevent it.  The best part about this product is that it exfoliates your skin and unclogs your pores. One of the best ways to keep your skin healthy and clean is to always exfoliate 2-3 times a week! It allows your skin to get rid of the dead skin cells and rejuvenates new ones while getting rid of dirt and bacteria! Another great thing about this product is that due to the 2% salicylic acid, it helps relieve your breakouts so quickly! 

2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel ($14.80)

If you have dry skin, then this is your new best friend! Though it is definitely a bit pricey for a drugstore product, your skin will never feel more hydrated and fresh than after using this! This product is a light-weight, oil-free moisturizer that will keep your skin super hydrated. It contains hyaluronic acid, which absorbs up to 10000x its weight in water, leaving your skin more plumped and #quenched than ever before. If you have oily skin, don’t be afraid to use this product because the gel is very absorbent, so it will never leave your skin greasy! 

3. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay ($7.99)

If you have acne prone skin, this is a must-have in your skincare regimen. This clay mask has 100% natural calcium bentonite clay which absorbs all the toxins and dirt from your pores and leaves your skin super clean! It even helps with uneven skin tone and detoxifying your skin. All you have to do is use non-metal utensils, mix the clay powder with either water or apple cider vinegar, apply to your face for 10-15 minutes (longer if you would like) and wash it off with warm water! Don’t worry about any redness after using the mask, it usually goes away after 15-30 minutes. If you have cystic acne or acne prone skin, this facial will definitely help you reduce and relieve your breakouts! Just don’t forget to moisturize after!

4. Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula ($7.50)

Toner is something that many people forget to include in their skincare, but it is VERY important! This one especially works wonders for your skin. Its key ingredients of witch hazel and aloe vera allow your skin to shrink its pores and restore your skin’s pH balance. The witch hazel not only helps tone your skin but also helps prevent acne! The best thing about this product is that it’s alcohol-free! So no worrying about putting harsh chemicals on your skin. You can purchase this product in either the bottled or facial mist form! It helps your skin stay hydrated and moisturized while also giving it a natural glow. 

5. Spring Valley Tea Tree Oil ($6.88)

Tea tree oil is an amazing product to use! It helps keep your skin nourished and smooth, while also get rid of redness or scarring due to acne. Natural oils are also the best ways to keep your skin feeling plumped and young! All you have to do is add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil, dilute it into olive or almond oil and pat it into your skin. Tea tree oil is known to help reduce acne, dryness, and even eczema. Even if you have oily skin, don’t be afraid to use this product because it will help keep your skin moisturized and healthy!

Marketing Major. Social Justice Advocate. Meme Enthusiast. I enjoy photography, singing and sipping tea (literally and metaphorically).
HCUAB