This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

SCHOOL SPIRIT

POKE PRIDE

Poke pride is something you will see much of during your time in the Cowboy state. The first thing many students recognize is the amount of spirit that flows through not just the school, but the state. The entire state of Wyoming bleeds Brown and Gold. Don’t believe us? Jump in the front row of the student section and try to keep up with all the hype.

ALUMNI PRESENCE

Alumni live for Cowboy sports. Homecoming weekend gets especially crazy. Parking becomes nonexistent, the restaurants and hotels are full, and the whole town is on a completely different level of excitement.

LET’S TALK ABOUT ATHLETICS…

Wyoming competes at a Division 1 level. We haven’t always been the best in the league, but the last few years Wyoming has put themselves on the map. In 2015 the Wyoming Cowboys basketball team made it to the Mountain West Conference Championships. In June of the same year, Wyoming Cowboy Larry Nance Jr was drafted to the LA Lakers.

This past year, Josh Allen, quarterback for the Wyoming Cowboys was drafted into the NFL for the Buffalo Bills. Josh made history by being the highest drafted player coming out of Wyoming.  

1, 2

Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016