This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Overnight oats have become the staple of the busy collegiette. Preparing a breakfast at night could not be easier with the trend of overnight oats. With recipes taking over pintrest, finding a recipe that suits you is inevitable.

Here’s the basic formula of overnight oats as adapted from the blog food52:

1. You need equal parts of rolled oats and any liquid you want. This can include any type of milk, almond milk, soymilk, coconut milk, or even pomegranate juice or orange juice.

2. You’ll need a sweetener. That can be anything from honey, to maple syrup, jams, cinnamon, vanilla extract, peanut butter. Next, add nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and chia seeds, basically anything that you like!

3. Put it in a cute container. This can be old jam containers, mason jars,  anything you can store in a fridge that has a tightly sealed lid. Store it in the fridge overnight.

4. Lastly, in the morning add fruits, a dollop of nutella, any of your favourite toppings. Think of it as loading up at a frozen yogurt bar, but instead of frozen yogurt healthy overnight oats!

Now that you have these 4 simple steps, the possibilities are endless and they are perfect for on the go. These are a few recipes that stretch the bounds of overnight oats, and give some inspiration to those working towards a healthy lifestyle.

Most recipes can be adapted to be Vegan too! And if the idea of cold oatmeal in the morning doesn’t appeal to you, warm it up in the microwave for a few minutes for a nice warm wake me up before classes.

Mocha Banana Overnight Oats 

This recipe makes me excited to get up in the morning. With espresso found right in the recipe, you can skip the morning coffee run. Sorry Starbucks (We still love you).

Orange and Vanilla Overnight Oats

This recipe is easy, and looks beautiful. All your friends will be jealous if you whip this out in class.

Carrot Cake Overnight Oats

Basically dessert for breakfast. This recipe requires a few more ingredients but trust me, it’s worth it.

Salted Turtle Overnight Oats

This recipe calls for loads of chocolate and pecans. Are you drooling yet? We sure are. 

Raspberry Almond Overnight Oats

Such a simple and easy recipe.  Plus it turns out pink because of the raspberries!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

This recipe is honestly like a dream come true in a jar. Having a few salted peanuts on top creates the perfect crunch to get a morning going.

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.