Her Campus at U Vic: A Year in Review

Well, we’re nearing the end of another semester and another academic year. As I’m finishing up my time as one of the campus correspondents for Her Campus at U Vic, I wanted to take a look back at all the excellent work we’ve published this school year. From music to cyber sex to niche interests, we’ve covered a lot of stuff in our articles. Here are just a few of my favourites! 

1. Summer’s here! It’s now the perfect time to pick up one (or all) of these books and get some reading done under the sun.

2. This article called me out, quite accurately, and on multiple occasions.

3. Ria spent the year working in retail, so she had a lot to say about how people have been acting during the pandemic.

4. How have there been this many great adaptations of Pride and Prejudice?

5. 5. The Perfect Yoga Video for Any Time of Day” by Sarah Lynne Roberts

Want to get into yoga but don’t know where to start? Sarah’s got you covered.

6. Seeking treatment for depression can be overwhelming, but it’s a lot easier when you know what to expect.

7. 7. Cyber Sex in the Time of COVID-19” by Alison Batallas

In this feature, Ali does a deep dive into the pros and cons of sexting during the pandemic.

8. 8. Advice for Your First Year at UVic” by Savannah Audet

For those of you looking forward to your first year at UVic next year, make sure to check out this advice from our wonderful social media director, Savannah!

9. 9. Social Anxiety in Online Spaces” by Ashlee Levy

Online school definitely had us feeling a lot of things, good and bad. Ashley reflects on how anxiety about school has changed for her now that we’re learning online.

10. 10.  “5 Podcasts for Nerds” by Giulia Gagliano

If you didn’t already know, podcasts are the future and these are the ones you should be listening to. 

11. 11. 4 Songs That Make Me Want to Dance” by Parus Khan

The best thing to do when you’re finished with exams is have a dance party!

12. Moving to Victoria soon? Or maybe you’re already here? Join me as I go through the different types of people you’ll probably meet while you’re in town.

This list isn’t at all comprehensive, because if you’ve been to our page you know we have way more amazing articles than one list can handle. We’ve also got some really cool stuff on our social media accounts, so make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and TikTok

Thanks for the wonderful year, UVic. We can’t wait to see you (hopefully in person) next year!