bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

With exam season just around the corner, I’m sure we can all use a little relaxation! Personally, I have found that yoga has been that weekly escape for me, that time to forget about all of my other commitments and feel entirely at ease. 

I’m sure we’ve all heard it before: yoga is good for your mind, body, and soul. But after making yoga a habit, I think it really is true. I can release all of my negativity, all of my stress, and all of my tension. I can walk out of the class feeling completely rejuvenated, and I think that’s much needed these days. 

And it’s not just your traditional workout, it engages muscles in your body that you might not pay as much attention to. I’ve found that even when I was just starting out, I was easily able to improve my flexibility and posture. Not only that, but there are countless other health benefits associated with yoga, including increased blood flow, improved sleep, and a better immune system. 

Since making yoga a weekly habit, I have honestly found that things don’t stress me out as much as they used to. I am much more productive in my everyday life, and I feel so much better about everything. I know it probably seems like it wouldn’t make a difference; but it does, trust me!

Image Source