This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Now that summer is on its way and exams are (almost) over, here’s a list of fun things happening in and around Ottawa this summer!

Yoga on Parliament Hill

From May 9 to August 29, 2018, Lululemon will be hosting free yoga sessions on Wednesdays at noon. Gather your friends, grab your mats and head down to the Hill for a great yoga session. 

Canada’s Tulip Festival

The annual world famous tulip festival returns to Ottawa from May 11 to 21, 2018, at Commissioners Park and Aberdeen Pavilion.

Glowfair

June 14, 15, & 16, Glowfair returns for an amazing festival across 10 blocks. This event is completely free, so head down to Bank street to enjoy music, lights and art.

Karter’s Korner

For only $10, Karters’ Korner offers an 18-hole mini-golf course perfect for all ages. They also have a great go-karting track, pool tables, and driving range that are bound to have something for everyone.

Visit Dow’s Lake

Dow’s Lake Pavilion offers paddle boat rentals for only $20. Spend some time on the water enjoying the gorgeous views while slowly peddling away.

Check out a Museum

Ottawa is home to several amazing museums, some of which open their doors to guests for free.

On Thursdays, the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum are free from 4 pm to 8 pm, the Canadian Museum of Nature and the National Gallery of Canada are free from 5 pm to 8 pm, and the Aviation and Space Museum is free daily from 4 pm to 5 pm.

Bluesfest

Ottawa’s own Bluesfest returns from July 5-15, 2018 with another great lineup. They also sell day passes if you are just interested in checking out your favourite band. For more information, check out their website at https://ottawabluesfest.ca/.

What are your plans for spending the summer in Ottawa? Tweet us at @HCuOtawa