This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s that dreaded time of year again for students. The weather has gotten colder, the days have gotten shorter, and it seems as though every single assignment suddenly due tomorrow. We’ve been in school over ten weeks and #examseason is right around the corner. At this point, many students end up feeling some type of burnout, maybe it’s one too many late nights (studying of course, not Netflix); a few too many nights out; or maybe you’ve just been pushing too hard all semester. School is a lot to handle, between grades, extra-curricular activities, sports teams, internships, part time jobs, and friends, students have a lot going on and are expected to excel in everything they do.

Now is not the time to give up. You’ve made it this far. It’s time to give that final push. Get the assignments in. Study up, and ace your exams. You’ve worked all semester for this. You’ve got this! Get what you need to finish the semester strong. Whether it be a pair of fuzzy socks to stay cozy while cramming, your favourite pen for when you get pensive, or a stress ball for when you’re really stuck. What follows is a list of end of term essentials, to help with one of the busiest times of the year.

1. Hand Cream

The weather is whacked at this time of year. Warm, cold, warm, cold – totally unpredictable and it’s definitely rough on your skin. Dry, cracked hands are no fun, especially when you’ve got essays to write. Keeping hand cream handy is key.

2. Hair ties

When you’re stressed, hair in your face gets annoying extremely quickly. Keep a few hair ties in your bag or pocket. That way when you need to focus you can throw your hair up in a pony-tail, or messy bun, whatever your favourite is.

3. Hat and Mitts

Ottawa gets cold and it does so fast. Bundling up is non-optional. There is nothing worse than getting out of a late-night class and dreading your walk home, because you forgot your hat and mittens and all of a sudden, it’s a lot colder than when you went into class earlier.

4. Hand Sanitizer

Everyone is stressed, it’s cold outside, university students are not renowned for maintain the best diets. As a culmination of these factors, many are sick and it’s gross. There are so many surfaces throughout the day that we share as students, making hand sanitizer a necessity.

5. Water Bottle

It is so important to stay hydrated. Our bodies need water to function optimally. Grab a cute reusable bottle and just toss it in your backpack. That way whenever you need a drink you’ve got it on you. As a bonus, there are tons of places all over the uO campus to fill up.

6. Lip balm

Chapped lips are annoying. They’re uncomfortable, and they make eating no fun, especially when you end up with a really bad case. Burts Bees, EOS, Chapstick, whatever your style may be, toss one in your jacket pocket or in your backpack and make sure you’re never without it.

7. Snacks

Snacks are a lifesaver. When you’re running around from class to class, or from the library to your group meeting, you don’t always have the time to eat three square meals a day. This is where snacks come in, having a couple of granola bars, fruit, or crackers tucked away in your backpack can be a huge help in getting through the day.

8. Headphones

Whether you need to block out a conversation going on next to you, or you’re just the type that likes to study with their own jams, head phones are key. They block out the rest of the world so that you can focus on what you need to get done. (They’re also great for sneaking in a Netflix show or two between classes when you’re stuck on campus all day.)

9. Coffee

Coffee is what gets most students through the day. (And some use it to get through the night as well #upallnight) There are tons of great places on and around campus for grabbing a cup. Coffee shops are great as well because they provide a great atmosphere to work in.

10. Laptop, Phone, & Chargers (Especially chargers)

You sit down to study, get everything all laid out, pull out your computer, and open it up to find out you have 10% battery left. “No worries” you think “I have my charger, I’ll just plug it in”, except you don’t, because you forgot it at home. This is the most frustrating happenstance. Make sure when you leave your house to toss your charger in your bag, especially if you’re someone who relies on technology to get your work done. Your laptop and phone can both be great resources for getting school work done, but also a great release when you need to take a break.

School can be rough, but you’ve made it this far in the semester! (Congratulations!) Keep doing what you’ve been doing, and finish strong. Use winter holidays being right around the corner as your motivation.

Remember, success is a reward for effort!

Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.