Are You Prepared for The Best Summer Ever?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.
As much as I love spring with its flowers and rain showers, as a thawing Canadian, I am so ready for summer to arrive. And really, with only 9 weeks left of spring, summer is actually right around the corner. You know what this mean?

—HAHA. As if. My sun-starved body is always ready for summer. Come at me cottage trips and ice cream trucks. I’m so ready, I’ve procrastinated set aside time and created a to-do list to make this the best summer ever!

1) Salsa Dance Lessons
This is really a double-whammy. Salsa is a fun way to stay active while learning some sexy dance moves. I’m one of those uncoordinated people that helped make flailing a legit dance move and this spring, I’m going to take a beginners salsa course with my girlfriends and patent the Sexy Flail™. Hellooooo Latin Night on Sparks!

2) Summer Recipe Pin-Board
The problem with cooking in the summer is that it turns my apartment into a sauna. This means that I get too lazy and end up either eating out or eating popcorn. This summer, I’m curating an oven/stove-free recipe Pinterest board to help me eat better and cheaper. Guacamole anyone?

3) Duolingo French
Near the end of August, I’m heading on a family trip to Paris and everyone is relying on me to “parler en français”. Plot twist: I don’t actually speak French. High School French class hasn’t really prepared me for communicating anything except “Je suis désolée. Je ne sais pas”. I am planning to practice Duolingo daily starting now to review my verbs and practice my pronunciation. #ChallengeAccepted

4) Regular Yoga Classes
I’ve been bad all winter as I was too lazy to brave the -40 weather to head to my favourite yoga studio. Because I love to jam-pack my summer full of activities and patio-hangouts, it’s super important that I take the time to calm my mind. Iyangar yoga is one of those activities I schedule to do at least once a week as it never fails to leave me refreshed and relaxed. 

5) The Best Sangria Project
My roommates and I agree that sangria is our favourite summer drink. This summer, we’re on the hunt for THE best sangria. To prepare, we’re scouring the net for interesting recipes and we’ve even devised a criteria. Every weekend, we’re testing a different recipe and judging it based on cost, easiness, taste, potency, and appearance. This is serious business. 

So that’s it! My to-do list for the best summer ever. How are you preparing for summer? 

Image reference: 
1 & 2

Health & Lifestyle writer for the U Ottawa chapter. I love fashion, food, and exploring. Stalk me at http://whimsicalsoles.com