Hello Fresh, Goodbye Groceries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

I think it’s safe to say that Ann Arbor is the best college campus for so many different reasons, whether it be because of our epic games day, the beautiful campus we get to walk around every day, or the surprise arrival of Birds. Sadly, it does have one huge fault: no walkable grocery stores. If you have a car at your disposable, well good for you, but for the rest of us who are not as fortunate, I am here to finally give you the solution you have been waiting for – Hello Fresh.

Hello Fresh is a food-delivery service that brings ingredients to your front door weekly. The box will contain menus for three meals that will last you for six days. I have absolutely adored using Hello Fresh this year and here are my top three reasons why you all should join me on the Hello Fresh train.

1.  The ingredients are all extremely fresh

Since the ingredients come weekly, they are able to include certain items that us college students would never think to buy, like bread crumbs, jalapeño, and ginger. These ingredients make each meal tastier than any microwaved ramen we are all masters at making. 

2.  Easy recipes to follow 

The meals come with an easy-to-read recipe that is sectioned into six steps. Each step has a picture of what that particular stage should look like (which is extremely helpful for beginners), and each recipe is super colorful and can be used to make your own cook book.

3.  Delicious. Fricken. Meals 

Enough said.

Just kidding…kind of…the title really does say it all.

I hope this has convinced you that Hello Fresh is the only way to fix Michigan’s only fault. 

Images courtesy of: boxsubscriptions.co.uk and Kelsey Muniz