5 Trader Joe’s Items Every College Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Cooking for yourself – ugh. Wasn’t everything so much better when your mom or dad just cooked for you?! Yeah, we think so, too. But we LOVE Trader Joe’s, and have found five amazing treats that will make eating away from home that much better. Check them out!

1. Almond Butter

Whether you like it in your oatmeal, on an apple, or just on a spoon – almond butter is perfect for any snacking occasion. As peanut butter’s trendier half, you won’t regret having TJ’s crunch almond butter in your fridge!

2. Gone Bananas!

If you’re in the mood for something sweet, these mini chocolate covered pieces of banana are the perfect treat! Have a few (or the whole bag) — you won’t be disappointed.

3. Turkey Burgers

We all know the struggles of making sure you eat enough protein in college. But the turkey meatballs from Trader Joe’s are the easiest and yummiest way to have you daily fix of protein!

4. Dark Chocolate Pretzel Slims

The chocolate craving sets in, and you just NEED something – am I right ladies?! These dark chocolate pretzel slims are addictive, and they’ll get the job done.

5. Goat Cheese Mini Wheels

All the cheese-lovers out there – represent! When you want some amazing cheese but are looking for ~ portion control~ check these out! They’re amazing, and are the perfect amount of cheese to satisfy your craving.

Photos courtesy of The Nourishing Cook, Trader Joe’s, All Recipes, Oola.com, Huffington Post and Cheese.com.

I'm a Freshman at the University of Michigan! I am in LSA and am planning on being a Psychology and Communications major.