harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to De-stress During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Finals weeks comes with lots of stress, and for many people stress and lack of time can lead to food cravings and wanting to eat out or seek other costly de-stressors. Be on the lookout for these giveaways and fun activities for little to no cost across campus this finals season!

1. Dining Halls Usually have Extended Service 

If you already have a meal plan, definitely take advantage of the extra hours at your local dining hall for finals week! Be on the lookout for them to post what the hours will be.  All of the dining halls are also participating in a Winter Celebration Theme Dinner on December 7th.

2. Free Yoga 

Mota Thai Yoga on West Huron St. has free yoga classes every Saturday from 11-12. This is a great way to de-stress!

3. Kerrytown Market and Shops

Just a few minutes away from campus is Kerrytown. The market gets very festive in the winter and has a few events such as a tree lighting and lantern parade. If you want to escape campus and get into the holiday spirit in between all of the studying, this is a great place to go.

4. Visit the Farmer’s Market 

Unlike many other places, the Ann Arbor farmer’s market is open year round, not just during growing season. Be sure to stop by on Saturdays during the winter.

Image Courtesy of The Odyssey 

Brunch enthusiast, aspiring soccer mom, and spin class fanatic. University of Michigan Class of 2020 Gamma Phi Beta.
Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!