Feeling Nostalgic? You Should Do These 6 Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I am quite a nostalgic person, especially when thinking about things I did when I was younger. If you’re like me and you want to get all those nostalgic childhood feels, these are 6 things you should do.

1. Have a Disney Movie Marathon

Whether it’s Pixar, DCOMs, or original animation; Disney never fails to get you feeling all kinds of nostalgia. Whatever your favorite Disney movies are, get a bunch of friends together and have a movie night to binge them all. With the new Disney+ streaming service, this will be easier than ever, even with exclusive content available on it like the new Princess Diaries sequel. If that doesn’t reel you in, I don’t know what will. 

woman eating popcorn
Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

2. Play a Board Game

Nothing is more fun than crushing your friends in a game of Monopoly or finally rolling a Yatzee. Breaking out your favorite games from your childhood and having a game night with friends or family is definitely a way to get nostalgic!

3. Watch Nickelodeon Classics

From iCarly to Rugrats, Nickelodeon has so many classic shows nearly everyone grew up on. You can watch a lot of them online if you have cable, but if not Netflix just added Victorious to its library. I know that’s the next show I’ll be watching, but any Nick show is a great option if you want to hear all those catchphrases you know and love.

4. Have a MarioKart Match

MarioKart Wii was always a past-time of mine as a kid. Although you can’t really take it with you on the go, there is a new MarioKart Tour app that I’ve been loving. While it’s a bit different than the classic game, it still is very addictive and once multiplayer is added I’ll be racing my friends all the time–just like I did in middle school.

A nintendo switch displaying mario kart is on a display case in front of  blurry convention scene in the background
Pexels

5. Listen to Your Favorite Childhood Music

If you still have your iPod or MP3 player, sometimes you forget about songs you had put in there all those years ago. Take a look at it and make a playlist on Spotify of all your favorite tunes from the past! I know mine is filled with Miranda Cosgrove, Demi Lovato, and a lot of Hannah Montana. 

6. Munch on Some LunchBox Snacks

The perfect add on to any of these ideas is to snack on treats you found in your lunchbox, like fruit snacks, toasters strudel, and cosmic brownies. Although they certainly aren’t the healthiest of options, they certainly provide that nostaglia factor!

I hope all these ideas will help you get your nostalgia fix! Now go binge some shows, snacks, games, and tunes! 

Julia graduated from UMass with a degree in Marketing from the Isenberg School of Management and loves writing articles about lifestyle, entertainment, beauty, and fashion!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst