Amazing Swimming Locations Near the University of Maine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The Rope Swing, Orono Maine.

The rope swing on the river is a classic place that everyone that goes to UMaine loves. It’s a great place to hang out with friends and meet new people.

Morgans Beach, Enfield Maine.

This sandy beach on Cold Stream Pond is my friends and I’s go to spot on a hot day. The water is sp clear and it’s a great place to lay out and go for a dip.

Sand Beach, Acadia National Park.

People come to this beach from across the nation and for good reason. Sand beach has a picturesque view and amazing waves, plus the town of Bar Harbor has an amazing food scene, making Sand Beach the perfect day trip.

Pushaw Lake, Orono Maine.

This spot is close to campus but still quiet enough that it’s a great get away. Whether you want to swim or study outside Pushaw Lake is a great place to have fun!

Emma is a junior at the University of Maine at Orono. She double majors in sociology and political science and is minoring in law and legal studies. In her free time, Emma loves to go fishing, snowmobile, kayak, read, sew and explore the great state of Maine! Instagram: @empooler
Gabbi is a senior at the University of Maine studying English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in Psychology. She hopes to write and publish her own novel one day!