5 Reasons You Didn’t Go to the Gym Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1.      You Took a Nap

We’ve all done it. Why spend your precious time and energy getting all hot and sweaty when you can snuggle up in bed? If you went to the gym, you’d have to shower and do your makeup all over again. You’re just so tired and you really need to conserve your energy for the rest of the day. You’ve already wasted too much time trying to decide what to do. Time to snooze.

2.      You Watched TV

Oh wait, this rerun of Sex and the City you’ve already seen 3 times is on right now? The gym can wait… until tomorrow.

3.      You Ate Food

You’re just sooo hungry. You can’t work out on an empty stomach! You’ll get something healthy, at least. Five dollar footlongs at subway? Yep. …Well now you can’t work out because your stomach is so full from eating a footlong in under five minutes. Gym tomorrow. You swear!

4.      You Went Shopping

Your running shoes are just not good enough anymore. And you could use some more workout clothes, too. While you’re out you might as well get a cute new top for this weekend…. Oops, you just spent all of your time and rent money at the mall… Guess you can’t go to the gym now!

5.      You were Chit-chatting

Okay, you actually made it to the gym. This is good… Oh my god, is that Ashley from freshman year?! I’ll just say hi….. 45 minutes later you say good bye sitting on the mats you were supposed to be doing abs on. Oh well. There’s always next time.

Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.