Your Recipe for a Perfect Workout Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

If you’re anything like me, it’s impossible to have a good work out with out the perfect playlist.  But sometimes, it’s just so difficult to find the perfect mix of songs.  No worries- this recipe for a perfect workout playlist has a little something for everyone!

The Remixes

Nothing gets me more pumped than hearing a song that I already love remixed into a song I love even more.  Here are some of my current obsessions:

Come and Get It (Jumpsmokers Extended Remix)- Selena Gomez

Gotta love Selena, and the beat is incredible.

Call Me Greyhound (Kap Slap Bootleg) – Carly Rae Jepsen / Swedish House Mafia

It’s a lot harder to get sick of this one. 

The I AM AWESOME, I DON’T NEED BOYS AND I WILL KILL THIS WORKOUT

Roar (Brillz Remix) – Katy Perry 

“Roar” already made you feel like a fierce tiger, this remix makes it even more awesome.

Do My Thang (Frank Hudson X SWRVN Remix) – Miley Cyrus 

There is no one better than Miley to make you feel like a bo$$ during your workout. 

The Bey

I think it goes without saying that adding Beyonce to anything automatically improves it.  Why would workout playlists by an exception?  Feel like you run the world with my three Queen B favorites for working out:

Flawless remix (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Nothing to say about this but #YAAAASSSSS

Upgrade U

Throwing it back with this one.  Listen while you Upgrade Ur timed mile.

Freakum Dress

COMPLETELY UNDERRATED Beyonce hit. Work out, soak up the Bey, and picture how good you’ll look in YOUR own Freakum Dress.

The Classics

Five bucks these were on your warm-up tape for your high school sports team, and they still get you pumped up now.

Till I Collapse – Eminem ft. Nate Dogg

POWER – Kanye West 

Lose Yourself – Eminem

#MOMSSPAGHETTI.

The Squat Rack Motivation

Booty Wurk- T-Pain feat.  Joey Galaxy

Drop it Low- Ester Dean feat. Chris Brown

The Bass Drops

There is really nothing better than doing an interval workout and having the base drop just as you begin your sprint. 

Tsunami- DVBBS & Borgeous

Dum Dee Dum- Keys & Krates 

Heads Will Roll (A-Track Remix)- The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.