8 Self-Care Tips to Make it to the End of the Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of the semester folks! Where the motivation begins to dim, and you’re 1000% sure you’ll never make it to the end of the semester. Well you’re in luck because these eight tips are going to ensure that you finish this semester off strong.

1. Changing up your makeup

Sometimes you just need a change in your life to keep you going. Whether that’s a change of scenery, note-taking style, clothing, or even makeup. If you’re planning on changing up your makeup regime I highly recommend adding the BUXOM Cosmetics Big Teases Plumping Mascara into your life. This mascara delivers maximum volume instantly, so you don’t have to spend an extra long time getting ready for class but you can have your eyelashes looking long and luscious.

2. Making time for those things you put aside

Sometimes it can feel like we’re drowning in assignments, and this may cause us to put those things we love aside. Wanted to fix those sandals or sunglasses that broke? Wanted to do some arts and crafts? Take some time and grab some Krazy Glue! Krazy Glue is great for bonding materials like wood, metal, plastics, glass, vinyl, and ceramics. You can also use it when wanting to some craft projects and it will make those creations last for the longest time.

3. Skincare is the best care (besides self-care of course)

It’s so important with the changing of seasons this semester that we keep our skin healthy and glowing. One great way to do that is through the Skintimate 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Conditioner. This skincare product is great because it allows you to shave your legs but also leaves your skin feeling super moisturized.

Another great skincare product is Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water. This product takes off the makeup without being too harsh on the skin. So if you have sensitive skin like me then this is the perfect product for you!

4. Have some quick comfort food

Honestly sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself when you’re going through a mid-semester slump is to treat yourself to some comfort food. There’s nothing better than mac & cheese am I right! Quick tip: add some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to your mac & cheese and you’ll be loving the spicy flavor it adds.

5. Bring a new fragrance into your life

I love perfumes, and honestly anything that smells good. I try to change up what perfume I use every couple of months and a great perfume to add to your collection is Katy Perry’s INDI fragrance. Don’t worry it’s NOT your typical floral fragrance that can sometimes give you a headache.

If you’re not into perfumes you can spice up your dorm room. Bath & Body Works has a great collection of wallflower fragrances, and since candles are typically not allowed it is the perfect substitute.

6. Try some snacks to keep you going and give you some energy 

Granola bars are a great way for a quick pick me up when in your in a time crunch. A new snack to try are the Garden of Life bars, they are 100% vegan and made of completely organic ingredients. You’re able to fill your body with some much needed nutrients, and also help you when you don’t have time to get a meal right away.

7. Put yourself first

When you’re on a college campus it’s so important to put yourself and your protection first. One of the best ways to do that is by using the Sabre products. They have their own pepper spray, personal alarm and even a non-discrete drink test to make sure there’s nothing in them.

8. Have some fun in the sun … or at least pretend to

Sometimes you just need to pretend like it’s summer again to get you through these last couple of weeks. By bronzing it up with the L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Milk you can feel like you had some much needed time catching some rays, and by taking the time to apply it you can give yourself a break from the overload of work.

It’s so important to give yourself a break and put your mental health first. So apply that sun tan, make some Mac & Cheese and get your skin glowing!

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.