This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s been a jam-packed start to the spring semester, complete with a streak of 100 (and counting) wins for UConn women’s baskeball, some snow days and delays, and even some unexpected warm weather all in the first six weeks back. But as we approach the midway point of the semester, work loads, and therefore stress levels, are rising quickly. Here’s a list of specific reasons why we all are in desperate need of spring break, right now.

1. Finding a spot at the library is becoming near impossible.

More work means less library tables, so why bother going to the library if you need to spend the first 20 minutes finding a decent spot?

2. It’s getting harder and harder to make it to the gym.

At the beginning of the semester, the gym is a top priority. But now with so many other assignments and commitments, it’s very easy to lose touch with those New Year’s/new semester resolutions.

3. We’re losing the energy needed to look for a parking spot.

Be honest, it requires a lot of focus, perseverance, and patience, all of which are very lacking nowadays.

4. Campus food is no longer appetizing.

What used to be “I’ll splurge and treat myself to a taco salad” has turned into, “No, I seriously cannot eat another taco salad…”

5. The need for spring clothes is becoming too real.

With these warm days and high temperatures these sweaters need to go ASAP.

6. The urge to drop everything and nap is becoming too tempting.

Snooze… snooze… I guess i don’t have to go to my 9:05… snooze….

7.  75 minute classes feel like an eternity.

Classes always go by so much faster at the beginning of the semester. Now they are slowly but surely sucking the life out of us with every passing minute.

8.  Anything and everything feels like too much effort.   

We’ve reached the breaking point and deserve a chance to take a breather, to relax, and to forget about all things related to studying for a whole entire week.

Cover Image Source