This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Happy spring collegiettes! Congratulations are in order as we approach the home stretch of the semester that felt never-ending during the depths of winter. The best way to embrace this transition to warmer, happier times is to make simple changes in our everyday lives that will truly welcome spring. Here’s a list of easy alterations that will quickly brighten up our days:

1. Buy some new makeup

New season means new shades! Incorporate a bright lip color or fun eyeshadow to compliment your spring wardrobe.   

2. Go for a run

Or a walk. Just take advantage of the warm weather and beautiful UConn scenery. Plus, you’ll save yourself the frustration of dealing with the gym.

3. Switch up your room decor

As the school year comes to a close, you must have a ton of new pictures sitting in your phone. Print them out and do something crafty with them. Find some cute ideas here.

4. Find a different study spot

At this point, you’re just sick of the library. The third floor is not going to cut it because you no longer have the patience to look for a seat with an outlet. Try relocating to the Union, bio-physics building, The Beanery, or Starbucks in Storrs Center when seeking fresh study motivation.

5. Treat yourself

Nothing tastes better than a refreshing smoothie or rewarding Dairy Bar cone on a beautiful spring day. Celebrate the nice weather with even nicer food. You deserve it!

Cover Image Source, last photo provided by Tori Litchfield