Don’t Lose Your Workout Motivation!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

We know, we know…you have the best intentions to work out, you even put on your sneakers (!!!), but then you got tired, or you had too much homework, or maybe there was a Keeping Up marathon?! It can be hard to motivate yourself to work out, but here are a few tips to get you into the gym.

Make it a part of your routine. We all have a lot going on, but if you can carve out even just an hour everyday, it will make all the difference. Fitting it in and making it even top 5 on the priority list will keep you motivated and not allow you to fall off the wagon.

Download new music! Having a new playlist is SUPER important to me. It keeps me going and gives me something to look forward to when I get to the gym. I prefer to use websites and apps such as Wallflower Food (see Campus Celeb Sabastion!) and 8Tracks that have tons of mixes created with new music every day so I never get sick of my gym tunes.

Grab some cute workout clothes. This is riiiiight up there with new music! It gives you a happy reason to put on new clothes and an excuse to shop (oops!). Some of our favorites are Lulu Lemon, Nike, and American Eagle. Fun colors and new styles are a great motivator to keep going to the gym!

Have a workout buddy. Bringing a friend to the gym can be really helpful! They can help motivate you if you aren’t feeling it that day and can keep pushing you through your final reps. Try to find a friend who had a similar schedule to you so you can always count on each other at the same time.

Inspire yourself! Follow fitness accounts on Instagram, make an inspiration board or start a pinterest! Keeping these goals and ideas in your head will help you stay on track and fit!

Remember not to take working out too, too seriously and give yourself some time to adjust! There is no overnight secret to getting fit; stay strong and use these tips when you are tempted to give up! See you at the gym ;) 

Samantha Rhodes is a junior at Trinity College studying art history. An avid art lover, she loves to make trips to museums, long walks on the beach, and people who talk with their hands. Baking takes up most of her free time, and doesn't hurt her social circle either.