Walking in a Wintery Baltimore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Staying in Baltimore during winter break? Here are some things to check out while you’re here!

1.     Football

And of course, you’re going to miss supporting our Ravens! Who wouldn’t miss the black and purple jerseys that are so familiar in the Towson and Baltimore area? If you can’t be around for the games, support the team while watching the game, cuddled up at home.

2.     Miracle on 34th Street

Every year, since 1947 residents of 34th street have been lighting up their homes with spectacular Christmas lights, signs, inflatable decorations, electric train and dolls, and even art sculptures. This tradition draws in visitors from all around the area, and is beautiful to see with street food, coffee, hot chocolate and even unique shops to visit. The lights turn on after 8, so if you have a chance visit them before you go home!

3.     Christmas Village

Inner Harbor is also starting a tradition of its own. Near the water resort is a cute Christmas Village, filled with little German markets where people sell beautiful, handmade Christmas ornaments, gifts, and snacks. There is live music and events to participate, and overall it creates a jolly atmosphere that everyone will enjoy!

4.     New Years at Power Plant

One of the most popular clubs in Baltimore will also be having a banging New Years party on of course, the 31st. The night will be filled with live music, laser shows, and of course the Times Square ball drop on Power Plant’s 20’ LED Screen. There will also be awesome party favors being given out so you should probably try to make it down to Baltimore for this one!

5.     New Years at Inner Harbor

If you’re not into the whole dancing/club scene maybe you could make it up to the Inner Harbor for their Times Square-like countdown. Here there will be live music, even a light show and fireworks on the water during the big countdown! All restaurants and shops will be open, just in case you get hungry or want to take a break from the crowd. 

6.     Bar Parties

Who doesn’t want to go to the bars for awesome Christmas parties?

7.     Ice Skating in Glen Burnie

Everyone likes ice-skating in the winter, and Glen Burnie has an outdoor ice-skating rink so that people can enjoy a Christmassy experience while skating outside in the crisp, cold weather.

8. Harbor East Window Wonderland

Love art? Shops and resteraunts at Harbor East were (and still are) featuring and selling the art of many talented local artists. You can Visit harboreast.com for more info. 

I'm a sophomore at Towson University, and am originally from Gaithersburg, MD. I'm double majoring in advertising and public relations, with a minor in marketing and Italian. I love fashion, photography, playing the violin, listening to all types of music, history, and going on adventures with friends.