This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

After finally taking the plunge and switching to Spotify Premium over a year ago, I quickly became obsessed with curating the perfect playlists for essentially every single mood or situation. I’m so insane about it that I separated songs from live-action Disney and animated Disney. For example, the High School Musical soundtrack does not mesh with Mulan’s (I can’t explain it, but I’m totally right). Anyway, before I get too sidetracked, one of my favorite playlists I’ve made is “current shower tunes,” where I constantly update the songs I have on repeat. All of the tracks currently on this playlist are entirely different genres, but I somehow think they all work well together. Hoping you’ll be able to find at least one new song to add into your rotation, here they are:

“Iris” – Kina Grannis (2017)

Of course, the original is iconic, but this rendition gives me chills. I stumbled upon it after searching for Grannis’ heavenly version of “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” which was featured in Crazy Rich Asians. I love covers that make my perception of a song change or offer new insight into its meaning that I wasn’t able to see before. With this one, it made me feel like I was hearing the lyrics for the first time.

“Betty” – Cabeau (2020)

Another cover! In a viral TikTok post, user @1cabeau posted a sensational pop-punk version of Taylor Swift’s “Betty.” All I can say is that it’s 100% perfect. It makes me feel like I just walked into an early 2000s high school dance with converse and a glittery dress. It’s definitely one of my favorite covers/reimaginings of a song.

“Sour Times” – Madison Beer (2021)

About a month ago, Madison Beer finally released her debut album, Life Support. I’ve only listened to a few tracks, but she’s already a pop princess in my book. Upon first listen, “Sour Times” was a standout for me and deserves way more recognition!

“My Eyes” – The Lumineers (2016)

The first time I ever heard this song was in the Reign series finale (a phenomenal historical drama that I recommend). It played over a montage of my favorite characters, so it’s safe to say it brings up many emotions for me. However, only recently did I actually look into the lyrics, which are so haunting yet soothing? It’s just a wonderful song that instantly calms me.

“You All Over Me” – Taylor Swift feat. Maren Morris (2021)

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, everyone knows about the situation surrounding Taylor and the ownership of her masters. To gain control over her past, Swift decided to re-record all of her previous records. In addition to the original songs, she’s also releasing “vault songs” (which are tracks she wrote and recorded at the time but ended up not making the album). For example, “You All Over Me” is one of the songs that didn’t make the original Fearless album. Hearing Swift’s mature 2021 vocals performing a country song written by her 18/19-year-old self is like a magical musical time machine. Additionally, Maren’s rich harmonies easily make this one of my favorite Taylor collaborations ever.

Hello! I'm currently studying Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. In my free time, I'm constantly baking, listening to true crime podcasts, and spending time with my family. Connect with me on IG: www.instagram.com/unorachel
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!