This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

SEX! Whether you’re having it or not does not mean you can’t be knowledgeable and have the best products to keep you feeling clean and satisfied when you get down and dirty!

Disclosure: I do not have experience in same-sex sexual encounters, therefore, this post will be comprised of advice from a heterosexual point of view. Nevertheless, I will do my best to keep this article super inclusive, and if you own a vagina, there are definitely still some great products in this article for you!

These are products I currently use and love for my intimate experiences. Through trial and error, I feel like I’m ready to share with you. While it may be taboo to talk about sex, it’s important we know about it and get to enjoy it as well! So without further ado… LET’S GET “INTO” IT!

1)SKYN Elite Condoms: $8

These are my absolute favorite condoms right now! I have never had a tear or break using these and the best part of these condoms is that they are non-latex, so there is no excuse for allergies to be a reason why the penis-owner doesn’t wear a condom. Also, they come in Regular and Extra Large so size shouldn’t be an issue either, but if I don’t know which size to go for, regular is my safe bet! Please remember that no one should ever pressure you to not use a condom. Whether you’re on birth control or not, it protects you from STDs.

Jeli's Pics

2)Lola Personal Water-Based Lubricant: $8

Lube isn’t talked about enough during sex. If you identify as a woman, you may feel like your body should just be able to be lubricated enough during sex; however, this is not always the case. The fan could be on or you could not be aroused enough, which can make for some awkward friction. While it may not be seen as sexy to carry around lube (maybe it is), having it could make you and your partner’s sexual satisfaction that much better! Plus using lube will decrease the likelihood of your condom breaking. Lola Personal lube is my personal fav because it’s not super sticky or watery. It is also organic, travels easily, and is super friendly for your kitty cat. This lube never makes me feel gross and doesn’t have a processed scent.

Jeli's Pics

3)Summer’s Eve Active Daily Performance Feminine Wipes:$3

THIS! I am the queen of feeling awkward when someone is down there. My anxiety is never-ending. I am always afraid of if I smell because isn’t that just every vagina owner’s fear?!? Well, these have truly made me feel better. These wipes are to-go wipes so they’re small and stealthy. Since I have found them, I can’t get enough of them! They’re meant to help remove sweat and odor which is normally why we think we smell slightly musky because that odor just sits there. These wipes are PH balanced and don’t have any typical irritants. A quick wipe before the deed may even let you or your partner feel more comfortable exploring new things!

4)Cute Small Makeup Bag: $11

If you went through your IPSY phase like me, you should have tons of cute little bags. If not, I will attach a cute little set of bags for inspo! Anyways, I tend to use my old IPSY bags for makeup or as a pencil holder, but they also double as a sexy-time-to-go bag! I use one of my old bags to store my condoms, lubes, and wipes. This makes for convenience if you’re meeting up with a sneaky link or to keep at home. Why? Because it looks like a makeup bag no one will ever assume you’re housing condoms. If you’re a little self-conscious about others knowing, it’s a cute, easy, and smart way to be safe and prepared while concealing yourINNER BADDIE!

Jeli's Pics

5)Philips Norelco OneBlade Face + Body Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver: $40

This is my current go-to razor for shaving down there! It’s an electric razor so no fuss about getting cut. I have never had skin irritation using this and it’s intended for scratchy beards which means it’s perfect to tackle thick or prickly bushes if you catch my drift. It is a little pricier, but I definitely think it’s worth it for safety and precision!

Jeli's Pics

6) SweetSpot Labs pH Balanced Wash for Sensitive Skin:$15

I love love love this wash! Every single “vaginal wash” I have ever used made my kitty very angry and worsens your natural smell in my opinion. Most washes are just too high in PH which throws off your natural PH level down there and can increase your chances of BV or a yeast infection. That’s why it’s recommended to wash with water or a non-scented soap with a PH level of 4.5-6.5. This wash’s PH level is 5.5 and I have noticed less odor since switching to this wash. It leaves me feeling cleaner and I get ABSOLUTELY NO IRRITATION! It’s aGODSEND!

Jeli's Pics

BONUS!!!

I would also love to plug my favorite vibrator!

Discreet AF Rechargeable Bullet Vibrator – 3.3 Inch : $40

This little guy is a good travel companion, a fun date night experience, and a nice treat for yourself! This toy is a great first-time vibe for anyone who hasn’t purchased one yet! It has 10 different functions and comes with a remote to change the speed, so you can find what you really like. Not only that, but it’s a perfect excuse to explore in bed by maybe giving your S.O. the remote or letting them lead while you control the speed! Nevertheless, it’s super fun and spicy with or without a partner. This gem shines and has never left me dissatisfied, so vibe it out…you’ll thank me later ;)

Jeli's Pics

Alright, my goddesses, the time has come. While this article may feel a little awkward to read, I am so proud of you for sticking around! It takes a lot to be proactive about your sex life and I truly hope that some of these goodies help you have a sexier, cleaner, and more pleasurable life in bed! If any of the products interest you, there are hyperlinks on each header so you can purchase them! 

XOXO,

Jeli <3

Hey guys! My name is Angelica but I just go by Jeli :) I am new to the HC team but I pride myself on writing about raw experiences and helping you to the best of my ability. I am passionate about working out, having a healthy lifestyle, and mental/sexual health awareness. I am ultimately here to be your friend and guide you through the ins and outs of college and taking care of yourself! <3