This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It is only about a month into the semester, but already I am hearing so many students complain about how they are so busy, and have no time to relax or have fun. I can completely relate. Out of nowhere it seems like my workload tripled, however, I recently decided to do a mini spa treatment to treat myself after hours of studying. I fully believe that self-care is an important part of every student’s life, and an at home spa day is an affordable way to enjoy some self-care! Below are some of the essentials I believe you need for your own DIY spa day.

• Face Masks

I feel as though this one is an obvious, but I have only recently begun using face masks. If you are like me and have sensitive skin, be careful not to do them too often, and check out the ingredients before putting anything on your face! I am really into Freeman masks and the Shea Moisture clarifying mud mask.

• Mani/Pedi

There are so many options when it comes to painting your nails. Places like Ulta or Sephora have huge selections for you to choose from if you are set on a very specific color. You can also check out Target, CVS or Walmart for some cute colors!

• Bath Bombs

Bath bombs have come so far in the last few years. If you want to splurge you can check out what Lush has to offer, however, many places have made their own lines of bath bombs now. You can find a variety of options at Ulta, Target or Walmart.

• Hair Masks

Hair masks are great for a variety of hair issues. You can splurge on a higher end brand if you want, or stay on the cheaper side, and still enjoy the benefits!

• Tea

Pick up some of your favorite tea to sip on while you are enjoying your spa treatments!

• Body Scrub

You can pick up your favorite body scrub, or make your own. There are plenty of DIY recipes on pinterest for body scrubs if you want to try making one on your own.

• Softening Lotion

Maybe this is not on everyone’s list, but I love ending my mini spa day with lotion, because the smell lasts all day, and it provides a calming effect.

I hope these ideas will help you create your own list of essentials for a relatively inexpensive at home spa day. We all need to remember to take some time from our busy schedules and relax. We deserve it!

Izabella is a transfer student studying journalism at UT with an interest in social justice reporting. She enjoys reading, photography, podcasts, and cuddling with her dog, Jinxx.
I am a third year English major hoping to become a book editor. I have been writing for HerCampus for one year, and am excited to work as a Co-Editor this year. I love reading and staying home with my cat, Luna.