This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

College life is a highway – when you go to Texas, it’s 290 on gameday with construction. It’s easy to lose a sense of yourself when the demands of classes, a social calendar, and organizational involvement constantly feel like they outweigh the time you have with yourself. If you’ve been wanting to find some quick and easy ways to start getting back into tune with your self-care, or you’re looking to begin your self-care journey, these are five must-have items that can help you out.

1. Journal

By taking a few minutes a day to reflect on your activities, your emotions, or a prompt, journaling can help to take thoughts out of your head and put them on paper. This offers balance, organization, stress reduction, clarity, and a sense of calm. Whether it’s righting a to-do list or simply jotting down a couple of thoughts, a journal can help you get to know yourself!

2. Face masks

Sometimes being your best self feels like looking like your best self. Nothing is better than putting on a face mask, laying back, and enjoying the quiet. Not only are you taking intentional time with yourself, but a face mask can be an extra boost to your current skincare routine. While a face mask doesn’t work overnight, the time dedicated to acknowledging your needs goes beyond the magic serum in the sparkly package.

3. Music

Music heals all. When you are stressed about exams or overwhelmed with your to-do list, take the time to build a playlist of relaxing music or borrow one from a friend. Relaxing music can boost your happy hormones, settle your stress hormones, and ease your heart rate. If you’re anything like me, making the playlist might be the most relaxing part of this practice. Get out there and do your thing!

4. Bath bombs

A bubble bath is already the cure to a stressful day. Bath bombs are a great way to turn this activity into a fun, luxurious, and glittery experience. After a long day, a bubble bath with a bath bomb calms and relaxes while providing benefits to your skin. When using a bath bomb, take care to pick one that is low-allergen and won’t irritate your skin. This intentional relaxation will help circulate your body, mind, and soul.

5. yoga mat

Self-care is all about getting to know yourself and your personal needs. Yoga helps do this through your personal discovery of strength, center, and concentration. The great thing about yoga is that it can be done at home or at a studio and can even be guided by an instructor. With so many options on how to practice, it’s up to your personal preference on how you want to go about your transformation journey to healing and identity.

A junior at The University of Texas earning a BSA in Biology with a minor in Health Communications, Teslyn spends her free time working in philanthropy and loves hanging out with her Alpha Phi sisters. Writing had a significant impact on her life growing up as a way for Teslyn to inspire, empower, and learn. She hopes to one-day break barriers in expectations as a Filipina woman.