This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Every good workout needs good hair and makeup! Here are the right hair and beauty accessories to get through those rough spin cycle classes, Zumba workouts, or treadmill days!

Pre- Workout Beauty Products

Baby powder is a multi-use product known for its dry-shampoo qualities. However, most people don’t realize it makes a great pressed powder! It will decrease the sweat that compiles on the face and absorb oil so that your skin stays looking flawless.

It is important to avoid wearing makeup. Makeup is known to clog pores during a workout. It will seep into skin and cause major breakouts later. Grab a Neutrogena makeup wipe and clear all traces off before hopping on the elliptical.

Post Workout Beauty Products

Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are a staple in any beauty repertoire. Their absorbent power is a miracle for anyone looking to wipe away sweat or oil! They help stop bacterial growth so skin will stay healthy and shine-free!

Most people don’t know this, but rose water is really good for the skin. Rose water has antiseptic qualities and has been used to treat acne and acne scars for a really long time. It can be made by distilling rose petals in boiling water, or it can be purchased in health food stores such as Whole Foods. It will prevent acne from forming and give your skin a needed glow.

Pre-Workout Hair Products

A headband is an absolute must before heading out the door. It will keep hair off of the face in order to prevent the gross mix of sweat and hair chemicals. Hair clinging to the scalp during a workout builds up acne around the hairline, which can easily be prevented. If you’re going to a yoga class try a large headband that covers a lot of the head. For a more physically intensive workout, a headband with a sticky adhesive on the top is a more suitable fit. It won’t move during those crunches or push-ups.

Post Workout Hair Products

Dry shampoo is a must for after the gym. The hairline is one of the first places to become sweaty during a hard workout. Simply spray the dry shampoo at the roots for volume and lift, and then tease roots with a comb. Pull hair back with an elastic into a ponytail, and voila! A perfect ponytail with little effort.

On the Run Post Workout

If an appointment is scheduled for right after an early afternoon Pilates, fear not! Only two products are needed for a quick cleanup: Tarte BB Cream with SPF 30 blurs away all skin imperfections for an airbrushed look. Simply swipe on a coat of Maybelline’s Falsies mascara and an instantly flawless look is created!

My name is Jacquelyn Fricke, and I have a passion for beauty! I used to be a beauty YouTuber who spilled all kinds of beauty secrets. I also have a passion for fashion and love to write. Together, writing for Her Campus is the dream!
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.