What It’s Like Applying To Graduate School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

For many college seniors across the country, their last fall semester means one thing: Graduate School is approaching! From medicine to law to education, everyone is trying to forge a path for themselves in order to secure a great occupation for their future. However, applying to graduate school is a stressful process – one that begins early in the summer for some – that doesn’t come to a close until a year later. Here is what it’s like to apply to grad school:

Successfully completing a major examination just before the cycle begins!

Source: Giphy

Making a list of all the schools you want to apply to:

Source: Giphy

Managing to squeeze your life story, personality, hobbies and meaningful experiences into a personal statement

Source: Giphy

Sending all your applications

Source: Giphy

Waiting months for a decision (or an interview)

Source: Giphy

When you get accepted!

Source: Giphy

Cover Image Source

A Sophomore Biology major at The College of New Jersey, who has an affinity for fashion, beauty, pop culture, and anything with humor!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.