This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Source

With spring semester ending and summer slowly approaching, it’s time to start thinking about white beaches, amusement parks, and other fun places to hit up. As we all know, summer is the time to start bringing out your favorite bathing suits and trendy summer clothes. That being said, what better way to prepare for that than to get in perfect shape! These workout routines are bound to get your summer body ready in no time.

Ab Workouts

Planks: Planks are known as one of the most common exercises for the core. It tones your stomach, builds strength, and improves your posture. There are a lot of different ways to do planks that can also tone your arms, shoulders, and back.

Crunches: Crunches help flatten your stomach by tightening your core muscles and giving them strength.

V Sit-ups: This exercise tones down your obliques, strengthens your back muscles and challenges your entire core. It’s more advanced than the other abdominal workouts but it gives you results.

Butt Workouts

Fire Hydrants: This exercise gives you the firm and toned butt you’ve always wanted. It strengthens your hips and tightens your core.

Squats: I’m pretty sure we’re all familiar with this exercise. Squats are a common exercise for toning your butt. It helps build your leg muscles, improves your circulation and flexibility, as well as burns fat. Some people may not know this, but squats can also help improve both your upper and lower body strength.

Overall Body

Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks are a perfect warm-up exercise. It helps strengthen your muscles while burning calories. Jumping jacks enhance both flexibility and tone.

Mountain Climbers: This is a full body workout that strengthens multiple muscle groups. Mountain climber workouts also burn fat, strengthen your entire core, and boost your metabolism.

Running in place for 40 seconds: Running in place helps you burn away unwanted fat. This cardiovascular activity boosts your heart rate, and stimulates your blood flow and lung function.

Drink Lots of Water

It’s important to drink at least 3-6 bottles of water every day. This will flush out any toxins in your body, increase your energy level, and reduce body fat. You can even add fruits and vegetables to work as a natural detox and prevent bloating. You should also watch what you eat and how much you consume each day.

Source Giphy

Cover Image Source

Ashley Franklin graduated The College of New Jersey with a BS in Marketing and minor in Communications. During her time at TCNJ, she actively contributed to their Her Campus chapters' online magazine, taking on many roles from Marketing/Publicity Coordinator to Social Media Specialist. She's a lover of all things fashion, beauty and food--and enjoys binge-watching the latest Netflix series (Gossip Girl being one of her faves).
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.