Easy Vegetarian Recipes to Get You Through Your Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

At the start of last semester, I decided to make a lifestyle change and become a vegetarian. I tried it out for a short period of time in the past, never sticking with it. But, over the past six months, I’ve taken advantage of the opportunity to explore vegetarianism more and found so many delicious foods that I now enjoy every single day. So, I thought I would share some of my favorites with all of you!

Veggie Omelette

This omelette is AMAZING and I have it almost every day. Sometimes, I swap out the veggies, using kale instead of spinach or red bell pepper instead of mushrooms. It just depends on what I have on hand! The onions give it so much flavor, so I never pass on those! If you’re looking to make it even more indulgent, you can add a layer of shredded cheese. I usually eat this with a slice of whole grain toast.

Hummus Sandwich

This hummus sandwich has been my go-to lately. It’s super easy to pack ahead and take with you to class if you have a busy day! The newest addition to this sandwich is smoky tempeh bacon. I use this recipe: https://frommybowl.com/how-cook-tempeh/ from Caitlin Shoemaker’s blog to flavor my tempeh. She also has a video on her YouTube channel. Even without the tempeh, though, this sandwich is delicious, and I highly recommend it.

Kale Salad

My kale salad is packed with protein from edamame, quinoa, and chickpeas. I dress it lightly with olive oil and lemon juice, but you can add whatever dressing you like! If you love adding cheese to your salads, feta cheese would be perfect.

I hope you enjoy these recipes!

Photos courtesy of Jen Piserchia 

Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.