This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

What is love?

And no, I am not talking about the song by Haddaway (although that is a great song). Love is such a scary thing to think about sometimes. “I love you” is such a common phrase to say to those around us, especially the ones we love. Whether it be your parents, siblings, friends, or significant others, it just slips out without meaning. Maybe you even write little cute love notes or letters to these people. They then keep these notes and cherish them and the memories they bring.

But what about the love you have for yourself? Loving yourself is one of the single most important things to do to be happy with yourself and to be happy in any other given relationship. Have you ever thought about writing a love letter to yourself from you? I think it would be amazing to receive a love letter from yourself just reminding you of how important and special you are especially after having a bad week or even sometimes just for that ego boost because… well, who doesn’t need it?

Here is a little “I love you” letter from you to YOU!

Dear You,

You are so AMAZING!

I am so proud of the person you have become! You are so smart, independent, loving, caring, and just so full of happiness.

You are such a beautiful person inside and out. You radiate beauty and love wherever you go. That smile of yours, oooof. It makes me smile because it is just so contagious.

All the hard work you have done and continue to do will pay off one day. Times may get rough and sometimes you may feel like a little speck of dust, but trust me you are not. You are way bigger than that and more. You are so important and matter so much.

No matter how little you may feel, just remember your presence and place in this world is so special and very much needed.

Look in the mirror, admire yourself and remember all the beauty that others see, I see in YOU. YOU are the most important thing to everyone and should be #1 on YOUR list.

Aim high to whatever you want to achieve and do not lose sight on what it is you want.

Respect yourself and know your worth because you are worth so much to others.

Other people will try to tear you down, but just know that you can and will be the best version of yourself and will not let them.

Be confident in who you are and who you will become.

You are so many things and that is why this letter is from you to you and I just wanted to say that the love I have for you is ALL the love you need.

You are so smart, independent, loving, and caring, and I love you.

XoXo,

Me

Texas A&M former student (gig'em forever). Working on my Masters! You can catch me hanging out with friends, writing, listening to "Crime Junkie" podcasts, or shopping! Writing is my form of relaxing, so take a seat, click the links, and relax with me!