My Dream Setlist for the Eras Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The Era’s Tour has begun, I have listened to Evermore every day since last Wednesday, and for some reason, I can’t stop humming “champagne problems.” The world is preparing to be blessed and blessed again; everyone is trying to figure out what to wear and more. I haven’t begun to think about my outfit, but I have thought about what my dream setlist would be for The Eras Tour. Taylor Swift and her team decided on the current setlist, and I am not criticizing her choices; I, merely as all fans do, have my favorite songs I would love to hear in concert. The original set list is something I am looking forward to, though, and as this is my first Taylor Swift concert ever, I have high expectations. The Eras Tour will make fans relive the past seventeen years of her career and the ten albums and the rereleased albums, which present first-time concert fans like me, to compensate for missed opportunities.

The official playlist for the tour does have some of the songs I love, but it also has some I would switch to if the concert were only for me. The original set list is at the end of this; below is my dream setlist.

Her debut album is iconic and must be recognized more.

1. “Picture to Burn” 
  2. “Should’ve Said No” I need this so bad.
  3. “Teardrops on My Guitar” 
  4. “Forever and Always”
  5. “Fearless”
  6. “You Belong With Me”
  7. “The Way I Loved You”
  8. “Jump Then Fall”
  9.  “Mine”
  10. “Haunted,” 
  11. “Treacherous”
  12. “Red”
  13. “State of Grace”
  14. “Come Back…Be Here”

Her first three albums came out when I was around 7 or 8, so I clumped them together because they were in my formative years. In a very pleasant way, they all blend together. 

Now the others. Of course, almost all of the 1989 Album is probably one of her best albums.

1. “Out of the Woods”
  2. “I Wish You Would”
  3. “Wildest Dreams”
  4. “This Love”
  5. “I Know Places”
  6. “You Are In Love”
  7. “New Romantics”

I apologize, Taylor; at this point, you might be close to a stroke. I just looked at the Reputation Tour setlist, and this is so incredibly close to it. I should’ve gone. 

Reputation gets hate, but listen, she needed to do this. She had to get that out, and I understand. “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Vigilante [REDACTED]” I understand, and I want to look away, but I can’t, and so I must listen and support. 

1. “Delicate”
  2. “Gorgeous”
  3. “Getaway Car”
  4. “Dancing With Our Hands Tied”
  5. “New Year’s Day”

“Lover” is tricky because of “ME!” again, she had to get that one out, for some reason, with B******* U****. Alright, Taylor, I still have difficulty understanding that, but I support you. 

1. “The Archer” 
  2. “Cruel Summer”
  3. “Cornelia Street”
  4. “Lover”
  5. “London Boy” I’m sorry, this is my guilty pleasure.

I am going to put “Evermore” and “folklore” together. My favorite album of the two is “Evermore,” and I am biased. 

1. “Exile”
  2. “Mirrorball”
  3. “Epiphany” 
  4. “The lakes”
  5. “Cowboy like me”
  6. “Coney island”
  7. “Gold rush”
  8. “Ivy”

And now Midnights:

1. “Maroon”
  2. “Mastermind” 
  3. “High Infidelity”
  4. “Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve”

Obviously, not everyone would agree with this, but I find her mellow songs draw me in more than the more popular ones. All of them are popular, honestly, so I mean the more traditional concert songs. I’m very excited about the concert, and I hope everyone who is going has a beautiful and memorable experience!

Isabella Carrillo is a Junior English major at Texas A&M University and an aspiring writer and English professor in queer and leftist literature. They joined HERs Campus at TAMU in Spring 2023 and are looking forward to making connections with members and readers. In their free time, they work out in various ways, such as yoga, running, swimming, and rock climbing. Other hobbies include reading and writing. When they are not focused on writing they can be found engrossed in their passions; worker's rights, bodily autonomy for all, LGBTQIA+ health care, and climate action.