This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

College Station, Texas, April 27, 2024 – Pure Barre College Station is coming to the Lake Walk Pavilion for a pop-up barre class! The class will be held Wednesday, May 1 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm and is open to all. Be sure to bring your own yoga mat, water bottle, and towel (if needed). The Lake Walk pavilion is set in the middle of Lake Walk’s 350 acres of nature walks and open scenery.

This barre class is designed to lift, tone, and burn. Barre combines ballet exercises, pilates, yoga, and strength training using body-weight movements. It engages muscles you don’t normally target to tone them up. The exercises are typically low-impact and high-rep for a full-body workout.

Whether you are an exercise fanatic or simply want to try a new fitness class, this opportunity is for you! Come to Lake Walk, bring your friends, and enjoy moving your body. As a bonus, Lake Walk holds over 65 exercise classes a year so be sure to stay updated and look out for future events.

Claire Sullivan recently joined Her Campus and is a member of the PR committee. She likes to write about pop culture, lifestyle, and wellness. Aside from Her Campus, Claire is undergoing training to become a certified group exercise instructor. She is a first-year Texas A&M University student majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies. Claire likes to go on hikes, visit new restaurants, spend time with her friends, and cook. She enjoys going to the rec center or watching movies with her roommates in her spare time. She is originally from Austin, Texas, and has two dogs, Penny and Pepper.